Unilever is proud of its tea business ekaterra, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants. Recently Unilever announced that it had agreed to sell ekaterra to CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Under CVC’s ownership, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our brands, our people and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business, and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders, and we believe in making space to grow an owner’s mentality. Like nature, we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and work levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing, and a better you.
The foundations of our new ekaterra organisation have been laid following our internal separation from Unilever and the stand-up of ekaterra Leadership and Management teams around the world. We have designed our end state operating model and related legal entity structure to become the world’s number 1 pure play Tea business.
Now begins the most exciting phase of our journey, Project Blossom, as we seek to implement our end-state design, exit our Transitional Services Agreements with Unilever, and establish ekaterra as a fully standalone and independent business.
Project Blossom requires ekaterra local market teams to develop and ultimately deliver the relevant local establishment plans with the Country Deployment (Project Blossom) Lead playing the lead role of ensuring successful stand up of business process, systems and ways of working across all functions upon full separation from Unilever.
The Country Deployment (Project Blossom) Lead is ultimately responsible for successful deployment of Ekaterra’s end state business processes, systems and transformation of Ekaterra into a stand alone company within the local country. The Lead will serve as the country champion with the global project team to ensure all end state processes/systems are fit for purpose and hold local timelines.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Own the on time delivery and deployment of business processes, new system implementations and change management across all workstreams in Chile/Latam by working closely with local functional teams, global workstream leads and the system integrator to ensure all end state processes and systems are fit for purpose in Chile and on track.
- Overall responsibility for the coordination of Blossom Planning and execution activities for Chile/Latam
- Lead weekly Country Deployment Meeting with the local Blossom functional leads and global workstream representatives to track progress and highlight project issues and risks
- Lean in to resolve cross-functional issues and risk mitigation for Chile/Latam, escalating risks/decisions to regional lead as necessary
- Act as the primary point of contact for the Latam GM, Leadership Team and Regional Project Lead.
- Lead all Project Blossom communications for Chile/Latam ensuring broad engagement and sharing of critical information
- Work collaboratively with the local leadership teams on change management. Understand employee morale and engagement over the course of the project, and use communication and morale boosting tactics to ensure healthy morale is maintained and employees are being effectively guided through the change. Blossom should not be seen as a project that is happening to the employees, rather Project Blossom is the exciting opportunity of collectively starting up a new company that we are all a part of.
- Ensure successful tracking and completion of TSA exits in the local market through regular communication with the local Unilever separation TSA lead and regional/global Blossom TSA leads
- Liaise with the Regional Project Manager, Regional Project Lead and Blossom EMO to ensure relevant project information is shared on a timely basis with the right people.
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- Americas Regional Blossom Lead
- Americas Regional Project Manager
- Country GM & Sponsors
- Functional Workstream project leads (and regional deploys where relevant)
- Local Systems Integrator Lead
- Blossom Establishment Management Office, People, Talent & Org (PTO) Workstream lead, and Global Deployment Lead.
Skills and Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in FMCG or relevant industries,
- Successful track record leading similar divestiture/ business separation, ERP implementation and/or acquisition projects in similary large, complex enviromentment an asset
- Cross functional experience in the areas of Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Development (preferably at Unilever)
- Extensive experience in project management, and risk mitigation
- Experience working with ERP system integrators and understanding of core business processes like Order to Cash, Plan to Forecast, etc.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex requirements and expectations in a simple way
- Organisation: Strong organisational skills with a demonstrable track record in successful project management and project delivery
- Risk Management: Experience in practical risk management and risk mitigation
- Leadership: Country Deployment (Project Blossom) Lead will set the tone for the overall engagement of local functional leadership with the project in the local market. Effective ability to lead and to motivate the personnel in the Project team
- Ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and influence decisions,
- Analytical thinking, creative problem solving ability,
- Time consciousness, diligence, flexibility and interest to accept more responsibility, able to take initiative and give proper decisions timely
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us