Background & Purpose of the Job
About half of all purchase decisions are digitally influenced. With the ability to link any digital moment right through to purchase in the Connected World, data becomes the key to unlocking new growth opportunities. Unilever ecommerce sales will depend heavily on influencing shoppers to start shopping online more frequently, making larger purchases and buying from a broader array of Unilever categories.
The objective of smart data is to enable Unilever business teams to create a mutually-profitable and high-growth business with ecommerce retailers.
To excel in this role, you must have passion, proven credentials of driving “data driven” growth and be able to get into the details of the analysis. You will work closely with a team of data scientists and technology teams. This is a great opportunity for someone, who wants to be a part of an aggressive data-driven growth agenda, to leverage the latest capabilities of machine learning, robotic process automations and artificial intelligence to make a big impact and leave a positive legacy for Unilever.
Still interested? Great! Keep reading to learn what else makes this opportunity unique.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Your mantra is “data-driven” growth: You believe that data is Unilever’s greatest asset – it drives growth, transforms companies and is the biggest bet against disruption. You will need to:
- Get into the details of data, basic modelling and forecasting
- Develop performance management systems (Business Intelligence) and analytics for “speed & growth”
- Automate and scale with IT teams
- You are passionate about ecommerce: You believe that ecommerce is not only transforming the way people shop and interact with our brands, it’s an influential media vehicle with future path-breaking capabilities
- You are a self-starter: You love working with ambiguity, developing new solutions and challenging the immune systems within corporation
- You love building out your own analytics “apps”: You are not happy with black boxes or check boxes – you like to create your own applications using visual analytics, modelling and technology. You love to invent, simplify and automate
- You are a teacher, a guru: You can make the most complex things easy to understand and you thrive on training people on new techniques and tools
- You know if it’s not real-time, it’s probably too late: You believe in process automation, assisted and predictive decision making
- Create and manage "Performance Management" systems for Amazon and Walmart.com
- Lead innovations on data-driven investment optimization and operational efficiency (availability)
- Embed and manage smart data analytics tools
- Continuously evaluate and embed data tools for U.S. Amazon team
- Develop Machine Learning solutions with external vendors and Customer Development IT team
- Collaborate with Ecommerce Category Management team
- Work with the Global Smart Data team to contribute to learning networks
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in statistical modelling, creating analytics frameworks for retail or ecommerce
- A deep understanding of the ecommerce shopper journey – demand creation through media, demand capture, winning portfolio and demand fulfilment
- Robust experience partnering with analytics agencies and ecommerce business teams to deliver analytics solutions, including data management, forecasting, optimization, predictive modelling and visualization; experience with machine learning a major plus
- Good understanding of financial metrics, pricing, return on investment and promo evaluations
- Working knowledge of IT data warehousing and data sources along with experience in marketing automation.
- Working knowledge of digital media, search and investment optimization
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us