Global Customer Manager | Amazon
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Unilever Global Amazon Manager is responsible for driving the Global Amazon Joint Business Plan with the customer to double the Amazon-Unilever sales growth rate, nurturing the 500+ global community of practice, and building global capabilities (e.g., negotiations best practice), strategy and thought leadership to support frontline customer development teams. They will report into the Unilever Global Customers & Business Models Lead. Internally, the Unilever Manager will lead global knowledge-sharing, strategic guidance, and connectivity amongst the 20+ Unilever-Amazon markets via 1:1 interaction, topic-based round table discussions, and the monthly global community call and newsletter.
Who you are & What you’ll Do
- Lead day-to-day delivery of the Global Joint Business plan and relationship building with Amazon’s Global Vendor Management team.
- Support readiness for global quarterly business reviews, leadership meetings, and key brand acceleration & global expansion engagements.
- Advocate for frontline customer development teams through escalation of key operational challenges to the global customer, enabling root cause analysis and solutions.
- Represent the commercial point of view for key projects and programs within the Supply Chain and Media global joint business plans.
- Build the center of excellence across areas such as negotiations, joint business planning, customer economic model, effective trade promotions, and new Amazon programs & tech.
- Leverage precision selling internally and externally to build new shopping experiences with the customer (e.g., sustainable shopping, social commerce, etc.).
- Partner with the Unilever data teams to support development and global expansion of advanced analytics and automation solutions for frontline customer development teams.
- Lead the 1000+ person community of practice across 20+ countries via 1:1 interaction with customer development teams, topic-based round tables, monthly share & reapply call, and monthly newsletter.
- Develop and maintain industry leading training on how to win with Amazon via in-person workshop series, eLearning, and self-service resources hosted on the Global Amazon Wiki hub.
What You’ll need to Succeed
- 5+ years of high performance in digital commerce, preferably in CPG categories.
- Skilled in customer relationship management and precision selling.
- Extensive knowledge about Amazon’s business model and operations, and key implications for brands with a minimum of 3 years customer experience.
- Exceptional written communication skills (e.g., mastery of the art of the 1-page executive briefing).
- Naturally curious leader that loves to teach others and make the complex simple.
- Strong critical thinking skills and proven ability to structure and solve a problem using a blend of data, consumer & customer insight, expert anecdotes, and personal creativity.
- Vocal leader that proactively addresses obstacles, drives projects forward with pace and focus on commercial results, and respectfully challenges ideas & decisions, while also committing to the final call.
- Optimistic leader that inspires others through bold vision, high standards, and contagious enthusiasm for pioneering the future of retail with customers.
What We Can Offer You
Unilever at a Glance | Working at Unilever | Powering our Purpose | Planet & Society | Unilever’s Brands | Unilever on LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Diversity, Equity & Inclusion| Careers at Unilever | Benefits, Learning, & Wellbeing | Latest News About Unilever
Pay: The pay range for this position is $135,000 - $203,000. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. Bonus: This position is bonus eligible. Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible. Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us