ABOUT UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL
Do you want to work for Unilever’s fastest growing cluster that has more than tripled its size 6 years and has an ambition to become EUR 5bn by 2025? Do you want the opportunity to work in a fast paced, high growth environment? If so, this Unilever Korea position is for you!
Unilever International is Unilever’s White Space Arm. Our purpose is to ‘Serve the Underserved and Make a Difference’. We work as a ‘fully independent yet fully integrated Go-To-Market with various MCOs through hubs in US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever. On one hand, we are completely responsible for building all of Unilever’s brands in white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia and on the other we are now leading the launches of big brands like Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, Tresemme among others into big markets like the US, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
As Unilever’s growth engine, we are thirdly responsible for creating a global white space business in alternate channels like Duty Free (66bn$ globally), E Commerce Seeding in China and India, marketing to Institutional partners like the United Nations and seeding Unilever brands to overseas diaspora who miss their home brands.
Singapore is UI’s global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International’s success and this role will epitomise that. Hence as a game changer business, here are some of the rules we live by:
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We take challenges which no others take
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
ABOUT UNILEVER KOREA
Unilever Korea is one of the white space geographies managed by Unilever International, since 2015. It is a unique business unit of UI as it is the only Operating Company that is managed by UI end-to-end. Some key facts about this Opco:
- Number of Employees (including Contract-based): 110 employees
- Number of Sites: Headquartered out of Seoul & Daejeon (SC, R&D)
- Key Brands: Core Brands – Dove, Vaseline, Pond’s, Lipton, Magnum, Lipton, Vaseline
- Future Core – B&J, Snuggle, Closeup, Seventh Generation, Knorr
- Availability in Specific Channel : Lifebuoy, St.Ives, Clear, TRESemme, Sunsilk
- Key Channels: Hyper, Super, Health & Beauty, Ecommerce, Horeca B2B & Exports
- Innovations: Made-In-Korea Program – leveraging on 3P Manufacturers to develop and launch innovations with speed for both domestic and export markets
Starting Q4 2019, Unilever Korea moved toward direct distribution by taking back the HPC distribution from YK business partner. The ambition is that the business will reach its first 100mil E by end of 2021 and 250mil E by 2025, to be No1 MNC in FMCG.
Role: Digital Transformation Lead for UI Korea
Location: South Korea
LM: UI Digital Transformation & Capability Director
The incumbent will assist in managing the Digital Transformation initiatives. S/he will drive the transformation from business perspectives and is responsible for driving the overall Digital Transformation agenda for Korea.
- Working with UI Digital Transformation Director and the ULK-LT for IT roadmap and drive digital transformation initiatives.
- Collaborate with Geo-IT Business partnering team in Singapore for Digital Transformation projects status updates and facilitate key governance meetings to reach project decisions/milestones and key stakeholder updated as required
- Identify, implement, and prioritisation operationalize relevant and innovative technologies, tools, and processes to increase the agility, resilience, reliability and cost-effectiveness of infrastructure and end user technologies.
- Understand end to end business for all busines functions, identify opportunities, and implement strategic technologies and embarked on strategies/solutions that reduce costs, improve efficiencies, support organizational goals and maximize the technology investment.
- Coordinate engagement with various departments’ requests for digitizing/ automating existing process by assisting departments to map out and streamline existing processes
- Organize stakeholder engagement sessions, to collate feedback and prepare roadmap for deployment.
- Apply project management skills/tools for the digital initiatives by collaborating with multiple stakeholders to ensure successful launch and adoption of these initiatives.
- Manage Stakeholder engagement, and Customer experience to develop digital best practice and solutions.
- Setup formal IT processes, policies, security and ensure that all IT services/investment are aligned with approved UI Roadmaps and IT mandates
- Reviews with proactive identification of improvements of all existing Applications and Services
- Engages with vendor and 3P within area of responsibility either via feedback on globally managed vendors or through direct management of local vendors
- A Bachelor’s degree with project management experience is ideal or Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar qualification
- Have 7 to 8 years of relevant working experience in Digital Transformation or Digital implementation.
- Proven track record in delivering business application projects to the business and partnering a large equivalent large country/multi-country organization with key interfaces to management and senior management in the organization
- Experience of managing multiple projects at different stages concurrently including mitigating and review project risks and issues
- Experience in Change Management such as training, communication, and process re-engineering
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Interpersonal skills & relationship management, ability to engage, communicate with and influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent organization skills to prioritise workloads and demonstrate flexibility
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Measurable level of satisfaction within stakeholders via strong business partnering
- Successful delivery of Digital transformation
- Strong collaboration and engagement with Uniops, Service Line and Service Delivery Team
- Positive vendor partnerships
- Effective Management of IT costs
- Successful and positive collaboration with IT-BPs delivering projects OTIF with alignment to scope, KPIs identified and smooth transition to BAU
- Knowledge of SAP (SD/MM/CO/FI), ECC & BW/Hana
- Good understanding of Business Processes (Order to Cash, Plan to Forecast, Source to Pay, Make to Deliver, Order to Cash & Record to Report)
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Excel (complex pivot tables, formulas & lookups)
- Experience in data analytics and visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Detail experience in Microsoft Automate with working experience in development of tools
- Knowledge in database technologies (MSSQL / Azure Cloud)
- Business Management and Leadership Teams
- IT Service Line Teams
- Global IT Platform and Innovation
- Geography IT teams
- Vendor support lines
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us