MU Lead Assistant Australasia, Tea Company
About the Tea Business
Unilever is proud of its Tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential. Unilever is currently reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. The Tea businesses in India and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures will be retained.
The balance of the Tea brands and geographies and all Tea estates, with generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019, is growing and profitable with proven potential both pre- and post-COVID-19. As a standalone entity, the Tea company remains number one in the world and is even better positioned to lead the industry and take full advantage of the opportunities in the category, with more focus and entrepreneurship driving greater growth and value.
The current vision for the Tea company is to champion a tastier, healthier, more sustainable world of plant-based drinking. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers.
As we move through this journey towards separation, we are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part in building the bright future of this plant-based company.
In this role you will provide a pro-active and high-level business support to the President Tea Australasia. In this busy and demanding environment, a top level of service is required at all times. This role requires an assistant who is a self-starter with attention to detail, who can interact regularly with a solid network both inside the business and externally. You must be capable of managing your own time flexibly and effectively, juggling day to day tasks as well as proactively spot opportunities to add value to the business.
Your Key Tasks:
- Complicated diary management – arrange meetings on a daily basis, both virtual and in person and reschedule if needed
- Screening, redirecting and responding to e-mails as appropriate. This may include typing general email correspondence and reports
- Organization of international and local travel, including preparations of itineraries, visa applications, together with the management of out-of-office requirements
- Organizing local and international meetings on site or offsite, including coordination of country visits and LT meetings. This may include visitor management, catering, etc.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, (PowerBI) reports and materials for meetings
- Liaison with internal customers and external contacts – developing knowledge of key individuals, including PA Network
- Proactively tackling issues related to administrative processes to ensure speed and efficiency, improving them for the leader and Unilever as a whole
- Processing expenses and invoices using relevant systems
- Responding to queries and requests for information from Unilever Execs, Business Partners, Regions, Categories on an ad hoc basis based on priorities set together with the leader
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- Reporting into President of Australasia
- Key stakeholders:
- Internal & external network of the President of Australasia including suppliers, customers, etc.
- Australasian cross-functional leadership team
- Global functional leaders
- Tea Co
Skills and Experience
- Purpose and Service: Assistant knows her purpose and actively uses it to shape own role and tasks. Assistant contributes to USLP in day to day work.
- Personal Mastery: Assistant takes the lead in her own wellbeing. Assistant asks for and works on feedback, is able to say no in a cooperative way. Assistant sets high standards for own work
- Agility: Assistant invests time in learning and is curious to new things. Assistant is flexible to what the situation asks of her. Assistants always searches for ways to make own work and work of team better and more efficient
- Business Acumen: Assistant understands goals and ambitions of leaders and business unit she works in. Assistant is proactive in spotting opportunities how to drive value for Unilever. Assistant is actively experimenting, trying out new things and brings the outside in.
- Talent Catalyst: Assistant plays a key role in inclusive team culture. Assistant coaches and supports others to improve. Assistant is a “spider in the web” connecting across different teams in Unilever.
- Consumer Love: Assistant is curious to learn about the background of the needs of her consumer. Assistant always looks for better ways to serve.
- Passion for High Performance: Assistant has an owner’s mindset, using data and insights to make decisions. Assistant takes personal responsibility and accountability for execution and results
- Language requirements: Chinese and English
Who we are looking for
The qualities we look for in you
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us