Main Job Purpose:
Part of the Supply Chain family, Procurement is responsible for over 30B Euro of material and services spend globally with more than 60,000 suppliers, over half of them in MBS. Getting the right services and materials, sustainably sourced and ensuring responsible procurement is critical to ensuring our brands with purpose grow. Our teams work closely with the business to understand stakeholders needs, bring innovation to meet changing consumer, employees and customer’s needs, and drive financial value for Unilever through competitive buying. We’re at the forefront of digital procurement, bringing new tools and analytics to drive data-based decisions.
Our strategy is ‘Procurement with Purpose’ and focuses on buying responsibly, buying better, and growing together with partners around the world. Our ambition is based on three key drivers: being Purpose-Led, Value-Driven, and Future-Fit.
MBS, Unilever’s Marketing and Business Services Procurement team, is responsible for Unilever’s sourcing and supplier strategy and execution for all third party spend across Marketing, Business Services, and IT, supporting the business requirements of Brands, Divisions, Markets, and functions to drive 4G growth through strategic supplier management, cost and value management, sustainability, and innovation, aligned with Unilever’s Compass. The team manages an annual spend of ~9B Euro with a supplier base of about 40,000. Within MBS, the Portfolio Strategy Lead, is responsible for the Promo Services (like Events &Activations, Field Force, Sampling, Couponing) & especially to drive a global Field force portfolio.
The Portfolio Strategy Lead, Promo Services& Field Force Globally will work together with Brand teams, CD, CMI and other functions to increase effectiveness of the portfolio by streamlining accountabilities, building capabilities, digital path, and leveraging knowledge, relationships, and business strategies across markets.
The portfolio lead needs to focus on increase efficiency by driving scale where it makes sense, decreasing fragmentation, prioritizing higher impact areas, leveraging technology, sustainability, and data, to unlock 4G growth for Unilever in this area. The lead needs to explore business requirements to set up the right operating frameworks. Create seamless, catalogue buying experience for the Stakeholders where it’s relevant.
The role will foster and build a culture of collaboration and agility to enable an efficient project roll-out. It will ensure close alignment in strategy with Brand, CD, CMI, Finance functions, and MBS directors, Market Procurement Directors by defining and utilizing a robust support network for the whole team and providing clarity on the ways of works and roles and responsibilities
- Understand the business needs related to the portfolio, and bring deep expertise and insights across the value chain and supply base to translate the business requirements into effective future-fit procurement strategies
- Connect strategy & execution aligned to Unilever Compass, Global CD and market goals and priorities, aligned with Procurement with Purpose and OneMBS strategies
- Together with Brand, Finance, CD & CMI functions deliver transformational sourcing strategies, execution models, and supplier relationships that help drive 4G growth in accordance with our plans, including a focus on Responsible Sourcing strategies.
- Deliver against financial targets and other KPIs (including value delivery) as per business plan objectives, accountable for delivery of results from all markets, PMUs, Divisions and functions globally
- Implement Unilever Partner with Purpose strategy, balancing a portfolio of global and local suppliers
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to support business, market, MBS and Procurement priorities and enable rapid alignment and deployment
- Lead rigorous execution of the priorities and transformation initiatives across the portfolio, create development opportunities.
- Ensure Portfolio fundamentals (i.e.data consistency, data insights, recurring stakeholder communications, contracts, etc.) are all put in place
- Future proof the portfolio by driving digital approaches, while building technology enablers to help manage selected portfolio and scope, while driving impactful sustainability agenda.
- Support internal performance management and reporting including creation and stewardship of relevant key performance indicators
- 10+ years of procurement experience, including proven and deep experience in Promo Sevices, including Field force and events and activations portfolios or other relevant marketing procurement portfolio’s
- Strategic sourcing, portfolio strategy expertise, with experience in managing complex portfolio/category, at global or multi-regional level
- Expert in negotiation and contracting
- Understanding of supply market, value chain, and FMCG knowledge. Knowledge of relevant portfolios and supply markets a strong plus.
- Experience in strategic supplier relationship management
- Experience on project management
- Demonstrated and proven leadership capabilities
- Experience in shaping and leading transformational business process reengineering, with experience driving Change Management initiatives.
- Knowledge of and passion for sustainability, including social sustainability
General Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure and in a complex global environment balancing a broad spectrum of stakeholder requirements
- Comfortable working in conditions of ambiguity and leading through change
- Able to create and drive adoption and execution of a shared vision and strategy for change.
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders cross effectively and efficiently functionally to understand their needs and deliver effective balanced solutions
- Delivers change whilst managing the interface between “day to day” and improvement projects.
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creation and delivery of effective presentations
- High financial and business acumen
- Strong in selling ideas and concepts
- Inspiring, motivational, and accountable people leader, able to lead remote and cross-cultural teams and connect people and ideas
- Strong in project and time management for complex projects
- Stakeholder management and people skills
- Passion and practical creativity
- Tenacious and resilient in the pursuit of challenging goals
International travel might be required. Not projected to require more than 20% on average (may vary based on location)
- MBS VP and MBS LT
- Sourcing teams
- Supplier Operations in UniOps
- Procurement Strategy and Insights
- Procurement Partnership and Purpose team
- Customer Development
- External Partners
- Advisors and benchmarking organization
Reporting into Global Procurement Director Marketing Promo & Commerce
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us