Part of the Supply Chain’s family, Procurement is responsible for over 30B Euro of material and services spend globally with more than 50,000 suppliers. Getting the right services and materials, sustainably sourced and ensuring responsible procurement is critical to ensuring our brands with purpose grow. Our teams work closely with the business to understand brand needs, bring supplier innovation to meet changing consumer needs and drive financial value for Unilever through competitive buying. We’re at the forefront of digital procurement, bringing new tools and analytics to drive data-based decisions.
With over 1400 employees globally, we support a network of thousands of suppliers, more than 1.5 million smallholder farmers who in turn support communities of over 7 million people. Our strategy is ‘Procurement with Purpose’ and focuses on buying responsibly, buying better and growing together with partners around the world and we have an ambition that is based on three key drivers: Being Purpose-Led, Value-Driven and Future-Fit.
Schaffhausen and Singapore are Procurement’s global hubs for strategy & insights, purpose & partnerships, and the global sourcing teams, which integrate with the market teams around the globe.
PROCUREMENT STRATEGY & INSIGHTS
The Procurement Strategy & Insights Team is a newly formed team, serving as the nerve centre of the Unilever global procurement organization, enabling the procurement organization to design and deliver step-change across value chains, operating processes and tools, and business models. This team is responsible for:
- Sensing, incubating, and enabling innovative ideas, new business models, and transformation programs for disruptive value creation across procurement teams
- Creating and implementing standardized processes and data-driven decision making to ease operating effectiveness and drive better and faster outcomes
- Developing and enabling procurement strategies with respective network VPs and portfolio and market teams based on strategic insights
- Identifying, scaling, and spreading best practices across the global procurement organization, within and across teams
- Facilitating rapid learning, capability development, and future-fit upskilling of our people
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
- Member of Procurement Strategy & Insights - Naturals team, Leader of Procurement Market Intelligence across all portfolio, and drive Risk Management expansion across all portfolios.
- Work as part of the Commodity Risk Management Team, responsible for performing S&D analysis and supporting the cover management of Liquid Oils and Grains position by generating actionable insights in Naturals Portfolio. To also focus on China research supporting Energy, Softs, and to increase overall hedgeability.
The Procurement Strategy & Insights Manager will interface with the following stakeholders:
- Chief Procurement Officer, UPLT members & PCLF
- Head of Global Procurement Strategy & Insights
- Portfolio Leadership teams, Procurement Director & LT
- Global and Market sourcing teams
- Procurement Finance Team
- Head of Supplier Operations, Sourcing Operations and team
- Key Suppliers and agencies/partners
- Industry and insights resources
Lead the marketing intelligence development
- Manage and consolidate existing market intelligence reports in Procurement and bring into the right structure, develop new market intelligence services and partnerships based on key Procurement priorities.
- Scout newest market trend and technology of Procurement & Supply Chain functions in multi-industries, and convert into new transformation projects as new capability building into the organization.
- Co-ordinate closely with Head of S&I, and Transformation projects leads (based in Singapore).
Lead the Insights creation from available data
- Develops the data mining approach, together with the Digital Strategy team, to uncover valuable business insights that can be transformed into actionable plans
- Analyses data to seek trends, patterns, anomalies, and findings that drive useful business insights
- Translates data into insights by discovering, creating, testing, and validating hypotheses with the portfolio sourcing teams, communicating the insights and working with the sourcing teams to develop and execute strategies that leverage these insights
Commodity Risk Management support
- Support CRM manager in management of global Liquid Oils / Grains position.
- Lead the research and building of analytical models based on S&D fundamentals / macro factors impacting liquid oils and grains complex.
- Support other CRM managers in Energy and Softs for Asia research, with primary focus on China.
- Provide timely, accurate and actionable insights to drive decision making
- Prepare monthly forecasts based on projections of factors impacting the market
- Maintain allocation of financial hedges and validate overall cover positions across both paper and physical.
- Support initiatives for trading data analytics
- Strategic, Systemic Thinking & Entrepreneurial
- Strong Talent catalyst to bring the best out of people
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills
- High Growth mindset & Consumer Love
- Strong Communication & Influencing skills
- High Initiative, Quick Learner and Self-Starter
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Preferred 5-8 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain roles either in Unilever / FMCG industry or Commodity business organisation with market analytics expertise
- Consulting experience in Tier 1 consulting firms would be a plus
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Experience with risk analysis and understanding of futures / options / structures
- Strong data and statistics analysis skills with strong willingness to embrace new analytical initiatives
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg / Reuters
- Ability to take establish and manage a commodity cover strategy
- Solutions oriented, results driven and a self starter with the ability to also work in a team setting and can build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Has a good understanding of Agile principles, values, methodologies and practices that enable agility and approaches delivery with an iterative and incremental (test - do – learn) approach
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams within a matrix environment – both F2F and virtually
- Prefer location in China
- Language skills: Ideally proficient in Mandarin
- Programming skills such as Python / R / VBA as a plus
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us