Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever’s vision is to improve the health, wellbeing and inclusion of 3 billion people by 2030, while to protect, restore, and regenerate vital natural environments and mitigate climate change. These purpose-led goals cannot be realized without growth of Beauty & Personal Care (BPC), the biggest category, by delivering new products and impact innovations with trend-leading benefits to our consumers and sustainable design across BPC brands.
This position is based in BPC Science & Technology (S&T) Department, which mission is “to be the provider of differentiating the science and technology shifting BPC portfolio for growth’, through (1) create breakthrough innovation, (2) identify new partners for speeds and agility, (3) provide science leadership, and (4) build new capabilities and define future-fit ecosystems. It is expected that the role will serve in innovation platforms of ‘advanced, sustainable materials and formats’.
Work in R&D S&T department for the research in Colloidal Science or Material Physics and Chemistry areas. Perform as an active project/team member with following responsibilities:
1. Developing new technologies for BPC products application.
2. Evaluate the product efficacy with in vitro and in vivo model
3. Delivers effective reporting of scientific data, including peer-reviewed publications.
4. Presents work at meetings, both internally and externally.
5. Communicate and work closely with global R&D team to incorporate new technologies into products.
- Strong hand-on experience in colloidal chemistry and/or material science related research with proven record of successful delivery of technical solutions
- Awareness of business innovations – be able to drive from science discovery to new technology development
- Be pro-active and self-motivated to engage with project leaders and team members.
- Be creative. Have team spirit, strong responsibility, and clear logistic thinking.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experienced in programming, modelling or statistics is a plus.
- Advanced degree in Colloidal Chemistry or Material Science.
- Working/Internship experience in FMCG industry would be a plus
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us