Background & Purpose of the Job:
The Engineering Supervisor position supports the Site Engineering Manager. This position coordinates the team of maintenance technicians in their area of assignment. This position is responsible for ensuring completion of all maintenance tasks in their assigned area, making sure the manager is aware if there are any gaps. The position ensures the correct resources are being applied to each problem and escalates to the manager when additional help is needed.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Scheduling, training, and supervision of Maintenance Technicians.
- Communicate with manufacturing department regarding issues that need to be addressed by the maintenance department.
- Coordinate, with production and freezer/warehouse departments, changeovers and moving of equipment to storage.
- Work with CAD operator on design specification drawings for parts.
- Work with vendors and contractors.
- Coach/train Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance functions and troubleshooting of machinery in order to reduce downtime and maximize efficiencies.
- Develop and follow established standard operating procedures for safety, health, environment, and production.
- WCM advancement across the facility.
- Actively participate in the PM Pillar, and be the link between the PM and EEM Pillars.
- Troubleshoot Facility/Mix Room/Production PLC and electrical problems, making changes as needed.
- Supervise/manage/direct/ schedule all activities for Maintenance Technicians
- Coordinate Shut-Down maintenance functions.
You’re a born leader: Demonstrated leadership of technical teams solving problems as a group. Overcoming technical challenges is personally motivating and you share that motivation to generate enthusiasm within your teams.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Does delivering against challenging goals and a sense of accomplishment drive your satisfaction?
You’re a teacher: Do you value mentorship, both receiving for personal development and delivering as coaching within your teams? Demonstrated success building a structure for skill development and cultivating teams that intrinsically value learning is foundational for high performance technical organizations.
You’re a culture & change champion: Possess a continuous improvement mindset and a proven record of performance optimization using structure and continuous improvement tools (WCM, TPM, Lean, Etc.). Build on existing structures and establish processes for your teams to excel. Is accomplishment as part of a team more fulfilling than contribution as an individual?
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexibility to operate on days or night shifts as factory requirements demand.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams working different shifts across a 24/7 schedule.
- Experience of applying preventative maintenance and autonomous maintenance strategies within a manufacturing, general engineering, or food technology environment.
- Must be able to analyze factory and technical processes in order to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
- Strong coaching skills are a pre-requisite, enquiring, supportive, challenging
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Pay: The pay range for this position is $67,000 to $100,500. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs.
Bonus: This position is bonus eligible.
Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible.
Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us