The Facility Maintenance 0 position works independently to manage various General Facility Maintenance tasks in various fields such as Cold Store Defrosting, light carpentry, HVAC filter change, light painting and general cleaning.
· Cold Store Defrosting, maintaining, cleaning and operational assurance
· Maintaining facility water softeners, salt level management, trash removal, cleaning and operational assurance
· Inclement weather walking surfaces preparations
· Work within departmental cross duties
· Light facility maintenance duties such as painting, cleaning and light carpentry
· Maintaining the integrity of filters for HVAC units including cleaning and operational assurance
· Complete Various daily, weekly and monthly checklists including form data entry and appropriate filing of completed forms
· Replace light bulbs as needed, cleaning of lenses and fixtures as required
· Used light bulb removal, packing and shipping and maintaining the process
· Perform misc. work including hanging pictures, communication boards, and etc.
· Perform miscellaneous housekeeping and other duties as assigned
· Develop and follow established Automated Maintenance Management Systems (MegaMation)
· Follow all required safety procedures and work in a safe manner
· Performs work as directed by Supervisor and /or designated team leader
· Other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Competencies:
Work is performed throughout the facility. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical.
exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment, bend,
reach, sit or lift for periods of time. PPE can include safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary/anti-slip safety toe.
Safety - Utilize appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and
equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
Quality - Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
Leadership - Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
WCM - Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and the impact this has on the Key Performance Indicators in the production area (PQSCDMI); must understand the critical inter-relation between WCM and TPM.
Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
Business Awareness - Understanding of the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company's share.
· Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses and emergency
· Must be open to work required overtime
· Must be open to work irregular hours as required to satisfy job duties
· Must be open to flexible working hours which includes days, night, weekends and Holidays
· Ability to work in both hot and cold conditions, on ladders and platforms, and lift up to 50 pounds
· Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
· Ability to pass cardiopulmonary physical as required by OSHA for respirator use (including fit test) and
perform work in a HAZMAT suit.
· Preferred one (1) year experience working as a facilities maintenance tech or similar tasks
· Proficient in reading and writing skills
· Good math skills
· Knowledge of MS office Suite applications
· Ability to compose reports to effectively communicate results /conclusions
· Ability to work with and lead teams comprised of all personnel levels
· Ability to comprehend machine manuals and drawings with a clear interpretation of their meaning
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of plant personnel
· Good knowledge of facility’s utility system
· Good general shop knowledge
· Good general knowledge of mechanic hand tools and their functions
· Proficient knowledge of parts and materials as well as their nomenclature
· Must be well organized utilizing sound 5S principles
- High School diploma
- Preferred one (1) year minimum experience with Facility Utility equipment and process.
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
- Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us