1. Position Summary
This position provides direct support of assigned production lines in all functions, including timely and effective completion of tasks involving installation, modification, repair and maintenance of production equipment. Work effectively with continuous improvement teams to assist in accomplishing team goals.
2. Principal Accountabilities
· Perform any tasks assigned by Supervisors and in support of assigned production lines, with direct responsibility for effective and timely completion
· Provide direct and on-going maintenance and other support to assigned production lines, including breaks, housekeeping, etc.
· Perform tasks included in project list when not responding to calls or performing other assigned work.
· Perform work on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, production line refrigeration systems, and other general mechanical work as assigned throughout facility.
· Preventative maintenance including daily lubrication, adjustments, brine checks, etc., daily and weekly inspection of bearings, belts, etc., and longer term full take-down and re-assembly of equipment during major PM’s.
· Become HAZWOPER certified after passing cardiopulmonary physical for respirator use, and take part as responder in ammonia release incidents or drills.
· Acquire training in basic team process skills and team leader/facilitator skills. Work closely with assigned teams, including involvement in decision making and accomplishment of agreed improvements.
· Respond to manufacturing maintenance calls as required.
· Perform all required log keeping and other record keeping.
· Follow all required safety procedures, and generally work in a safe manner.
· Miscellaneous housekeeping and other duties as assigned.
3. Working Environment
Work is performed throughout the facility. Potential hazards include proximity of moving machinery, chemical exposure, noise, or heavy lifting. The position may require an individual to stand, stoop, move equipment; bend, reach, or lift for prolonged periods of time. PPE includes safety glasses, hearing protection and sanitary, safety toed, and electrical rated footwear.
4. Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Ability to demonstrate a high level of up-to-date technical skills involving installation, maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment.
· Ability to prioritize and accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision. Ability to complete required training and develop required skills. Positive team orientation.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds throughout shift.
· Ability to work in temperatures of -20F to 120F.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
· Ability to climb ladders and perform work on platforms.
· Ability to tolerate proper contact with lubricants, solvents, brine solutions, and other chemicals routinely used.
· Ability to pass cardiopulmonary physical required by OSHA for respirator use, including respirator fit test and work in HAZMAT suit.
· Ability to pass required test
· High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
· 2 to 4-year degree in industrial technology or related field.
· Demonstrated electrical/ electronic/industrial controls skills.
· Expertise in industrial ammonia refrigeration or general refrigeration with ability to develop required skills.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us