Interested in joining our Factory team? We have the perfect opportunity for you. Keep reading to learn more about this job. For additional opportunities, Click here for the full listof vacancies
Title of role: Multi-Skilled Technician
Background & Purpose of the Job: The Multi-Skilled Technician is a preventative maintenance and focused improvement specialist engaged to optimize the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur, the multi-skilled technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements. This person is also intimately involved with setting the Maintenance Strategy for the respective production area. This person will also workto bring joy and excitement to consumers by providing the highest quality Ice Cream through inspired innovation while reacting to market changes quickly.
Location of the job: Sikeston, MO
Overall Benefits & Perks (non-union)
Medical, Dental, Vision effective immediately | 401K | Paid Leaves | Employee bonus program | Uniforms and PPE provided (we follow all covid protocol and guidelines for your protection)
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- Remove and replace major electrical components such as motors, switch/control gears and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops
- Ability to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Internal Architecture of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Amend control and software documentation
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety, and the environment by working to eliminating waste
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Post Apprenticeship Skill Level in at least two relevant engineering disciplines as graded by national standards
- Strong coaching and communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Currently in a maintenance role
- Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses and emergency coverage
- Experience in a fast-moving consumer goods company and World Class Manufacturing (WCM)
- Must understand the critical inter-relation between WCM and TPM
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us