Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast - moving consumer goods in foods, household, and personal care products. Our purpose is to meet the everyday needs of people everywhere – to anticipate the aspirations of our consumers and customers and to respond creatively and competitively with branded products and services, which raise the quality of life.
At Unilever, we share one simple purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. Across all our household brands, Home Care, Beauty and Personal Care, Foods and Refreshment, we are creating a bright future for our business and our planet.
We are now looking for a Customer Strategy and Planning Lead, Home Care, Sweden & Finland
We are looking for a strong talent who will shape and align category & commercial plans that will grow the category, our customers, and Unilever for our Home Care Business Unit in Sweden & Finland (that includes market leading brands such as Omo, Via, Bio-Luvil, Cif, Comfort, Surf, Neutral, Domestos and Sun).
The role reports into the Business Unit Head – Home Care Nordics, and its main purpose is to:
- Localize category growth strategy and Identify growth opportunities that will drive and enable where to play and how to win for Unilever and our customers
- Align with Marketing teams on marketing activities and innovation to deliver against channel and category growth opportunities
- Drives channel and customer execution plan, prioritization, and investments: NRM, channel strategy, pricing, promo guidelines, trade investments and distribution
- Deliver the in-year commercial plan and targets with Market teams (S&OP)
- Lead a team of Category Manager and Shopper Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be localizing industry leading category growth strategies by driving BU input to Category Growth Strategy (CGS) and collaborate with markets to localise growth stories and roadmap innovation.
The responsibility also include a 3-year channel / customer led innovation roadmap, where you influence the BU innovation & renovation roadmap (3-year horizon) to deliver against growth opportunities and channel strategy. Furthermore, inform and influence channel and customer voice into BU.
You will be developing strategic customer planning by supporting ‘How to win’ with Unilever through end-to-end joint value creation and support joint business planning workstreams with our strategic retailers.
Furthermore, your duty will be to deliver the in-year commercial plan and targets with Market teams including:
- Dynamic funding decisions across markets
- TTI optimization delivering improved ROI
- Design the promotional strategy and guidelines
- Ensure strategic pricing is set and delivered in the markets
- NRM delivery with specific focus on Levers 4& 5.
Last but not least you will be landing big bets with maximum impact and shopper marketing. This include customers sell in stories - shopper insight led with customer economic model, create channel execution look of success principles for all big bets and deployment of centralized POSM material to minimize waste and maximize impact.
- USG: Innovation / renovation business case, Win the Shelf/ Distribution
- GM: Innovation, NRR, 3yr GM roadmap, Premiumization Acceleration, Promo optimization
- Market: % Business Winning, Market development, Category Management /Captaincy
Key Skills & Knowledge
Your key skills consist of an innovative mindset with a commerce channels execution, commercial strategy and business acumen / NRM. For you to succeed in the role, you will need category growth management and a data-driven mindset combined with a customer and retailer understanding.
We expect you to already have knowledge of Standards of Leadership and Stakeholder Management. In your work you are a strategic thinker and can express this both orally and in written. You are a communicator and storyteller and have the ability to be a lateral influencer without authority plus the ability to join the dots and show the big picture.
- University degree in Marketing, Business, or other relevant area
- Commercial and Financial acumen
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Dot connector and strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English, Finish and/or Swedish
- Prior experience in a Sales, Shopper Insights, Category Strategy and/or Category Mgmt
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English online 31st of August at the latest. Please note that we do not take email applications.
Please note that there will be an on-going screening process and that the position can be filled before last application date. We use HireVue - Digital interview tool in our recruitment process and will invite potential candidates to participate a recorded video interview.
Should you require additional information about this position, please contact Nordic Marketing Manager, Homecare Charles d’Orjo.
Should you have any challenges in regard to the application process, please reach out to Talent Advisor, Victoria Carlen, Victoria.Carlen@unilever.com.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us