Ekaterra is the biggest tea business in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
Unilever sells ekaterra to CVC Capital Partners Fund on the 1st of July 2022.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Under CVC’s ownership, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our brands, our people and our capabilities.Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business, and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Job Title: Demand planner Middle Europe, Ekaterra
Location: Malmo, Sweden
Reporting to: Go to Market SC lead Middle of Europe
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed Term Contract - 14 Months
This role is responsible for creating the demand plan for Middle of European countries, as part of the Sales&Operations Plan process and communicating this to the European Supply Planning organization as part of the capacity planning process. During the transition phase to an independent company, we require additional planning support as planning team will be involved in the new system set up.
Your Key Tasks:
- Independent creation of a rolling demand plan in KINAXIS Rapid Response for finished goods
- Independently conduct monthly planning/reconciliation meetings with Sales, Marketing and Finance (S&OP).
- Monitoring and pro-active management of launches, portfolio changes, seasonality, promotions and other events
- Data analysis of demand patterns, promo profiles and other data sources to inform demand planning strategies and models.
- Participate in European planning meetings (RCCP) and communicate medium- and long-term capacity utilization to internal interfaces
- Independent master data maintenance in KINAXIS Rapid Response
- Participation in improvement project on business waste
- Optimal use of demand planning support systems
- Direct and transparent communication of plan changes and delivery bottlenecks to internal interfaces and initiation of corrective actions incl. escalation if necessary
Stakeholder Management and key interfaces:
- Local CD roles
- local finance
- Local marketing
- Go To Market Middle of Europe SC team
- Unilever Customer Service, logistics and master data roles
Skills and Experience:
- Completed education or qualified vocational school degree with experience in planning or university/technical college degree with knowledge of supply chain management
- Minimum 1 year of experience in planning
- Business fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in demand planning systems, ideally KINAXIS Rapid Response
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Team spirit
Who we are looking for:
- Ability to quickly move between large scale strategic decision making and deploying tactical resources to solve short-term supply chain challenges
- Highly adaptable and entrepreneurial
- A passionate networker
- Have strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations
- Independent, self-starter, ability to discover opportunities and grow the business
The qualities we look for in you:
Ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us