Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry’s is looking for a creative, driven, empathic, analytical, and organized Brand Development Manager – Asia New Markets to join our team and use our business to create progressive change in the world while making the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible.
This position is part of the New Markets team based in Vermont. This position will be responsible for delivering a profitable +50M€ TO regional business, a global portfolio across seven regional markets in Asia and Latam, and drive strategy & execution for future B&J expansion in new markets. The role will have the responsibility of managing and developing 2 (ABMs) direct reports.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
This role includes the following duties and responsibilities, but additional requirements may be assigned as needed:
- Cultivates Regional Strategic Growth plans across AU, NZ, SG, BRZ, KR, PH & TH (7 markets) working closely with the ANM Innovation and Marketing team members
- Annual Country Business and innovation plans & Target tracking
- Strategic Innovation Portfolio management of +120 SKUs, 2 language pack for 7 markets
- Develop product portfolio strategy that will define long term innovation pipeline and growth initiatives for key new markets and look for opportunities to harmonize sourcing, and recipes globally
- New Market Expansion Scoping and building the repeatable model: Opportunity Analysis, Channel Distribution plans, Profitable 5 Yr Business Case, Market Feasibility, Export Operations, Technical and Supply Chain assessment
- Build in depth understanding and become key expert of key markets, and the business environment in which the brands compete, including category segments and channels
- Build an integrated product, pack, price and communication mix and trade proposition for each market that reinforces the global premium proposition
- Track key business performance by market for monthly reports
- Responsible for ANM regional budget
- Guide and coach two direct reports
- Exhibit commitment to the brand's social mission and help lead Marketing's contribution to delivering all three elements of Ben & Jerry's three-part mission statement.
- Additional responsibilities as required
What You’ll Need To Succeed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Marketing or the equivalent, MBA preferred
- 7 years experience in marketing, brand management or brand operations preferred
- Demonstrated success in launching a brand, product line and/or products
- Must possess excellent analytical abilities, time management and strong project management skills
- Business Case and P&L management experience (e.g., product P&Ls, ROI analyses, etc).
- Must have experience managing stakeholders up and down the organization as well as globally
- Experience or exposure working with global markets or in an international environment preferred
- Start up or entrepreneurial and supply chain operations experience preferred
- Excellent people skills with specific experience leading and managing a team
- Collaborative team player willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build cross cultural networks virtually
- Comfortable driving change and being a change agent
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, Project & PowerPoint, and MS project
Our People Profile
To support our 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with our social mission agenda
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about social change
- Equity: recognizing power dynamics and how biases play out in interactions throughout society; this awareness and these skills are necessary so that throughout our business we engage respectfully and make decisions fairly
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us