About Ben & Jerry’s:
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry’s became a wholly owned subsidiary of Unilever with the remainder of an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality.
Ben & Jerry’s has an inspiring ambition. We aim to be Unilever’s next billion € brand and are expanding rapidly in Europe and in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment married without uncompromising grassroots and activist spirit. That is how we remain a true purpose-led organization with a connected 3-part mission that are reflected in our KPI’s:
1. Social mission: We initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally specifically on Climate Justice and Social Justice, Racial Justice, and Economic Justice
2. Product mission: We make and distribute the finest quality natural ice cream and euphoric concoctions
3. Economic mission: We operate our Company for sustainable, Profitable financial growth
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry’s is looking for a Digital & Graphic Designer to join our mission to use our business to create progressive change in the world while making the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible. This is a unique opportunity during an exciting time where our brand is focused on our success globally across all digital platforms. This designer will play a critical role in the evolution of our digital platform, as well as in the continued growth of our brand on social media. They will collaborate cross-departmentally to achieve creative and consistent content that aligns with B&J’s broader brand narrative. And they will create innovative, compelling design solutions that balance art and commerce.
A solid understanding of digital & graphic design, technology and digital standards is essential to execute design that not only looks great but also functions well.
- Communicate original concepts through sketches, wireframes, visual comps and interactive prototypes
- Create global content for our industry-leading brand digital storytelling publishing model
- Develop content that will help drive local brand relevancy to support business objectives. And drive social activism to support social mission objectives
- Design assets and layouts for mobile, desktop and tablet
- Layout emails and web homepages
- Design for consumer packaging, brand identity, campaigns, promotions, point-of-sale, experiential and more
- Ensure the design and all assets are delivered to specifications on time, on brief, on budget and within established brand standards
- Sell in your designs to the project manager and other team members
What You Need to Succeed
- BA in Digital Design (preferred) or Graphic Design
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in digital and design work
- A solid online portfolio showcasing creative design solutions
- Knowledge of emerging technologies
- Skilled in all Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Experience with and understanding of UX, UI and responsive design
- Solid understanding of advertising and marketing principles
- Able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Strong design sensibility, attention to detail, and creative problem-solving and accountability
- Exceptional teamwork skills, able to work in a fast-paced, high-productivity environment under tight deadlines
- Strong typography skills
- Illustration skills a plus
- Understanding of the capabilities and best practices relating to the use of front-end web technologies
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically, and the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
Our People Profile
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry’s also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with our social mission agenda
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social change
- Equity: recognizing power dynamics and how biases play out in interactions throughout society; this awareness and these skills are necessary so that throughout our business we engage respectfully and make decisions fairly
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us