Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to lead the Manufacturing Operation for a shift at the Lipton Tea Manufacturing Site in Suffolk, VA. This factory produces all of the Lipton Tea bags for North America as well as new production of Tazo Tea bags. This position will be critical to drive performance in this high paced and cross functional environment. Team leadership and team engagement is vital to the success of this role.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
This role will report to the Manufacturing Manager and work cross functionally with other departments to run the Manufacturing Operation on a shift. This position is responsible for the safety, quality, and production performance for an entire shift of 40-60 hourly employees. There is a large amount of responsibility to deliver day to day results, in addition to longer term people development. It’s critical for this position to be able to communicate and explain key initiatives to employees, and hold the teams accountable to deliver in all aspects of manufacturing. In addition to day to day management of the operation, this position is also required to support the sites continuous improvement agenda. This spans a wide variety of safety, quality, productivity, cost, waste improvements or new equipment/product/material trials. Initiative, and the ability to proactively identify problems, develop and implement solutions is necessary. This role is a critical Front Line Leader in the plant, and will be expected to have strong interpersonal skills for their own direct reports, as well as the ability to work laterally with other departments in the factory. It will be important to work cross functionally within the factory to drive plant wide results.
- You’re a born leader: Lead a team of 40-60 employees to drive engagement and increased performance.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: High performance site looking to continue to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, and Productivity. The teams want to succeed, and want someone they can trust to help guide them.
- You’re a teacher: Coaching and developing the team is critical to success.
- You’re a changemaker: Drive a culture shift for high performance and collaborative teams with new high speed equipment.
- You’re a culture & change champion: Instill a Safety First Culture and change the mindset in regards to how we approach safety problems. Safety is not a singular action, but a culture change.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum 3 years of Manufacturing Supervisory experience
- Excellent team leadership and communication skills
- Must have the ability to manage project and project teams from inception to completion including hitting deadlines and documenting progress
- Experience in High Speed Manufacturing, FMCG, or Food Manufacturing preferred
- Safety specific experience a plus
- Ability to relate and adapt to the workforce
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us