Location: Suffolk VA
Background & Purpose of the Job
The largest tea processing facility in the United States, Lipton Tea, is looking for Material Handler at its manufacturing plant in Suffolk, Virginia..
The Material Handler plays an essential role in handling material flow throughout the factory, contributing to inventory accuracy, as well as managing waste streams. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Warehouser/Forklift Operator reports to the Logistics Lead. This individual is self-motivated and possesses strong teamwork, interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Comply with all policies, procedures, safety, and sanitation rules
- Report unsafe acts and conditions, correct if possible.
- All job functions are to be performed in compliance with the plant’s safety and quality assurance programs.
- Communicate with Warehouse & Production teams, and conduct turnover for next shift
- Off-load inbound trailers, record, receive, and store materials in designated areas
- Load trailers with finished goods or other items as required to ship outbound or manage space
- Stack pallets of finished goods to load onto trailers
- Receive, scan, and handle finished goods with fork truck to move from palletizer areas
- Verify and complete Bill of Lading transactions with truck drivers at Shipping Office
- Pull samples, fill out Control Cards, and processing of raw ingredients for Quality Department
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep warehouse and plant spaces safe and clear of debris
- Utilize SAP to enter and scan materials and finished goods
- Handle materials to allow for continuous manufacturing operations
- Record and document trailer inspections
- Use SAP, LPN labeling system and RF guns
- Use PINC/E4 Score system for carrier tracking
- Verify materials at production staging & machines and collect required materials from the warehouse, transporting required materials from warehouse to production lines
- Remove rejected materials, full waste containers and empty pallets from production lines
- Manage stream of reclaim tea and product rework, including stretch wrapping pallets of material and finished goods
- Count, wrap & remove previous run materials, completing end of run counts & paperwork
- Perform accurate counts of materials in their storage and use locations.
- Coordinate changeovers with production personnel and sign off on Changeover Checklist
- Support waste management program operating the Balers and Compactors, loading recycles onto trailers, and maintaining a clean area
- Fill glue containers at staging & EOL (End of line)
- Retrieve Chep pallets & fill palletizer magazine
- Hang super sacks & place empty sacks in the baler
- Use RF gun to issue tea, return tea, and locate tea storage area in SAP.
- Participate on assigned teams to facilitate improvements as needed.
- Safely operate a Fork Lift, Stand up Lift, and Pallet Jack to transport materials and goods, flammable liquids, etc.
- Must maintain an active forklift, stand up lift, and pallet jack license, training will be given if needed
- Prepare assigned areas for sanitation audits and tours.
- Complete all other assigned duties.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years warehouse experience
- Must maintain an active forklift license.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and lift 50 lbs.
- Must achieve qualification level and completion of all training modules associated with assigned equipment.
A WorkKeys assessment with a passing score is also required. A score of 4 or more points in all WorkKeys assessments will be considered a passing score (BRONZE diploma or higher).
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, physical and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us