Background & Purpose of the Job
The Factory Manager is key business partner to support topline and bottom line of Taiwan Foods business, responsible for driving manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Quality, Manufacturing Efficiency, Innovation, Employee Engagement and Morale using WCM (TPM) operating framework. This role inspires, develops and leads the Hsinchu manufacturing team to implement and sustain supply chain and category strategies. S/he will be managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You’re a born leader: You thrive in manufacturing leadership environments and are able to galvanize a team to deliver results and reach goals.
You’re a strategy guru: You’re a person with a plan- able to create a long-term strategy plan, including run strategy, asset and people.; prioritize and plan resource development and deployment.
You’re a paradox navigator: You thrive in complex problem solving, able to maximize the end to end supply chain and work with brand teams to deliver competitive growth through supply chain operations.
You’re a culture & change champion: You have a pioneering spirit and a growth mindset- and can develop this in others. You are a believer in transformational change and are able to bring people with you on the journey. You can build a winning culture through relationships and inspire others to deliver continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do
You will lead the site on continuous improvement strategies to improve operational efficiency and drive innovation in product as well as ways of working, cost & service models and the supply chain structure. You will own the factory floor culture agenda, developing future-fit manufacturing teammates who are able operationally strong and consumer focused.
Other duties to include:
• Own operational KPIs for the site including SHE, Quality, Service, Manufacturing Cost and Wastage,
• Develops and delivers to site annual budget and through programs to achieve competitive results,
• Manage the Hsinchu manufacturing team to deliver daily excellence and develop future technical leaders in Manufacturing and Engineering,
• Accelerate World Class Manufacturing (continuous improvement) methodology and culture as the way to deliver sustainable results and improve performance
• Lead across supply chain, breaking down silos to deliver end to end results and deeper connection to business and consumers
• Drive digital transformation, including automation, to improve site efficiency and enhance manufacturing capabilities
• Own the sustainability agenda to reduce the environmental footprint
• Foster a culture of performance-driven, capability learning and inclusion where team members thrive
• Review and approve facility plans and audits to address ongoing needs of operation, compliance with governing rules, regulations and leasehold requirements and ensure minimized exposure to environmental risk and hazards
• Drive a step change in manufacturing capability with a focus on flexibility and responsiveness
• Monitoring general performance and behavior of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Engineer/Facilities, Material Planning, Quality, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
• You will be the facing of factory to co-work and maintain the relationship with plant labor union and local government,
• University degree
• Minimum of 5-year professional experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and/or R&D
• Project Management and analytical skills
• Professional financial/costing skills
• Broad based Manufacturing experience
• Professional experience in relationship building with internal and external parties
• E2E mindset and good communication skills
• Proven & recognized achievements in project management and capable to lead an operation team.
• Foods/Nutrition manufacturing or technology background
• Planning experience
• Professional experience with third party manufacturers, external suppliers
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us