Background & Purpose of the Job
Customer Development, or CD, is what we call our Sales organization at Unilever. Customer Development works closely with our customers to pioneer new products, build categories and deploy best-in-class retail and shopper capabilities. The Internship role is the primary pathway to beginning a career at Unilever. The program introduces you to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers you the opportunity to contribute to business goals. As an intern, you are assigned a key business project to own within the Customer Development (Sales) function.
Skill sets utilized and further developed during the Internship are presentation skills, team working, leadership, analytics, and building insights into action to deliver business solutions. At the conclusion of the term, all interns present their project findings to a panel of key business leaders. Following the Internship, you may be invited to join Unilever as a Full-Time employee.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Work with great people and great brands to do work that makes you proud every day. Unilever offers the chance to make a real positive impact within a purpose-driven sustainable business.
- You’re a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
- You’re a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
- You’re a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
- You’re a story teller: You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
In Customer Development, teams are dedicated to one or more key customers (i.e. Wal-Mart, Loblaws, Sobeys, Amazon/e-Commerce), across brands & product categories. You will have an opportunity to develop proficiency in managing data using both Unilever systems as well as external Customer systems. These positions involve a high level of customer service and follow up in order to effectively meet the needs of both the internal and external customer base – interaction with multiple touch points internally and externally.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Intermediate Ability in Excel (ability to use the following functions: VLOOKUP; PIVOT TABLE, SUMIF); Experience in Microsoft Office suite
- Currently 3rd or 4th year student, pursuing Bachelor’s degree in business, or other
- The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership competencies, and strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; initiative and enthusiasm for work in a fast moving, dynamic environment; the ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; ability to be creative; and the ability to understand complex business issues and demonstrate consumer empathy.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (B average) or higher
- A Driver’s License in good standing
- Ability to relocate and willingness to work at Unilever’s Head Office in Toronto
- Capability to work self-sufficiently remotely with the right resources already in place (i.e. WIFI connection, private workspace, etc.)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance or accommodations at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us