Key Account Manager
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever International is Unilever’s white-space arm. Our mission is to ‘Serve the Underserved and Make a Difference to Unilever’. We work as a ‘fully independent yet fully integrated Go-To-Market with various MCOs through hubs in US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever.
Singapore is UI’s global hub which leads strategy, marketing thinking, seeding plans, and alignment with the global categories and supply chain. Speed is the mantra for Unilever International’s success and this role will epitomize that. Hence as a game changer business, here are some of the rules we live by:
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We take challenges which no others take
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
The Key Account Manager reports directly to the Sr Business Development Manager, UI North America and is responsible for managing multiple categories within the North American market. In this position you will be responsible for achieving planned profit and sales goals for existing and new products/brands within their assigned account group. You will focus on maximizing volume with existing Key Accounts by developing business relationships in order to protect current business. The Key Account Manager will put forth ongoing efforts to develop new accounts, drive business, and continually build responsible and profitable sales volume.
Internally, the Key Account Manager actively contributes and communicates with Customer Sales & Planning, Finance, Customer Service, Marketing and NPD Teams to establish best-in-class practices and unlock opportunities for growth and improved efficiencies.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Maximize sales results at the lowest cost by applying effective sales/marketing strategies, effectively negotiating trade promotions, and demonstrating effective budget management. This includes implementation of tactics that are developed through a shared planning process with fellow account teams, brand, trade marketing, supply chain and field sales, managing account spending efficiently and delivering targets within allocated budgets
- Lead and participate in the development of the company's Annual Planning process for the designated trade segment
- Manage the total customer interface ensuring on-going development and profitable growth for the assigned trade account
- Utilize/manage trade spending to support Unilever’s overall objectives and strategies within agreed parameters
- Formulate plans to obtain agreed listings, retail pricing, distribution, shelf positioning and retail inventory levels
- Evaluate customer tactics, plan implementation & recommendations to improve for the future
- Maintain excellent trade relations and customer support for our brands through effective execution of brand strategy in combination with complete understanding of the customer’s unique needs and the marketplace conditions
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive previous account development experience and trade/consumer marketing experience within the mass merchandise, club, grocery or drug trade.
- Strong communication, human relations, and presentation skills required
- Intermediate level of computer skills (spreadsheet, presentation development, word processing)
- Strong analytical skills using Nielsen data
- Proven leadership and strategic planning abilities combined with strong financial management and analytical skills is essential
- Candidates should have a valid driver’s license
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Unilever Canada est une organisation engagé à la diversité et à l'inclusion pour stimuler nos résultats d'affaires et créer un meilleur avenir chaque jour pour nos employés, les consommateurs globaux, les partenaires et les communautés. Nous croyons qu'un effectif diversifiée nous permet de faire correspondre nos ambitions de croissance et de stimuler l'inclusion dans l'entreprise. Tous les candidats qualifiés recevront la considération pour un emploi sans égard à la race, la couleur, la religion, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité ou l'expression de genre, l'âge, l'origine nationale ou ethnique, l'état matrimonial, la situation familiale, l'invalidité, les caractéristiques génétique, et une condamnation pour laquelle un pardon a été accordée.
Si vous êtes une personne handicapée qui a besoin d'aide à tout moment au cours de notre processus de recrutement, veuillez communiquer avec nous au NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Veuillez noter: ces lignes sont réservées aux personnes handicapées ayant besoin d'aide et ne sont pas un moyen d'enquêter sur les postes.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us