Regulatory Affairs Cluster Product Compliance Senior Specialist - North America
Job Location: Trumbull, Connecticut or Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey - US
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with government legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use. To translate this mission efficiently into action, and to ensure that Unilever complies with its own high standards as well as the technical aspects of legislation within the US, is the task of the Cluster Product Compliance Team (CPC) which is part of the Global Product Compliance team (GPC). The GPC is part of the Regulatory Affairs organization in Research & Development (R&D).
Regulatory Affairs (RA) is a critical functional capability based in R&D that consists of Regulatory Affairs professionals around the globe, operating across the wider business in global, regional, and local Regulatory Affairs roles. Regulatory issues inherently have many aspects: scientific, technical, legal, enforcement, public affairs, and external relations. Regulatory Affairs operates at these interfaces and combines expertise on regulations.
The Regulatory Affairs Cluster Product Compliance Specialist role in North America will deliver support to the Beauty & Personal Care categories and will report to the North American Regulatory Affairs Manager, Cluster Product Compliance.
Excellent working relations across the relevant interfaces are required to deliver this role.
- Work as the Regulatory Affairs Compliance Business Partner to cluster divisional teams: R&D (Cluster/Local/Global), Supply Chain (Quality, Procurement, Innovation planners, Logistics including Import/Export Compliance support, etc.), Regulatory Affairs Cluster Innovation/Advocacy (I/A), Artwork Excellence Team, and External Affairs/Legal.
- Support the design and maintenance of business processes to implement US regulatory compliance for the Beauty & Personal Care business.
- Provide the regulatory compliance assessment for raw materials and products related to US regulations according to FDA and other relevant Cosmetic and Over the Counter regulations.
- Build a relationship with the internal UI Team to create a working network which will enable the RA Compliance support of the growing Unilever International Cosmetic & OTC Business for products sold in the US.
- Work with external experts as needed and create a network of consultants to support the US Unilever International business.
- Ability to interpret regulatory compliance reports from external experts.
- Ability to use digital tools to review and document regulatory compliance.
- Support the roll out of automated regulatory affairs digital tools and keep regulatory affairs information in the tools up to date for US regulations.
- Accountable for informing requestors of compliance review in a timely manner.
- Ensure all regulatory information is properly documented.
- Ensure regulatory review is aligned with all Unilever internal requirements.
- Evaluate raw material information and product information for compliance with California Prop 65.
- Ensure that all existing Unilever Beauty and Personal Care products are evaluated for regulatory changes.
- Support the implementation of changed/new US legislation in relevant products.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Regulatory Affairs, Chemistry, Toxicology, or related science degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in CPG company in Regulatory Affairs with a focus on Cosmetic and OTC regulations will be preferred.
- Capable of pro-actively communicating with key partners/stakeholders across the organization and can tailor complex technical information into clear/relevant messages for all audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot, take initiative, set priorities, drive things forward and look for opportunities to increase speed and agility.
- Eager to learn and take on challenges.
- Fully operational in virtual ways of working.
- Excellent English with strong written and verbal skills.
- Team player with a solid record of working in and with diverse teams.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us