Regulatory Affairs Global Product Compliance Specialist
Job Location: Englewood Cliffs,
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with government legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use. To translate this mission efficiently into action, and to ensure that Unilever complies with its own high standards as well as the technical aspects of legislation within the US, is the task of the Global Product Compliance Team. The GPC is part of the Regulatory Affairs organization in Research & Development (R&D).
Regulatory Affairs (RA) is a critical functional capability based in R&D that consists of Regulatory Affairs professionals around the globe, operating across the wider business in global, regional, and local Regulatory Affairs roles. Regulatory issues inherently have many aspects: scientific, technical, legal, enforcement, public affairs, and external relations. Regulatory Affairs operates at these interfaces and combines expertise on regulations.
The Regulatory Affairs Global Product Compliance Specialist in North America will deliver support to the Food & Refreshment categories and will report to the North American Regulatory Affairs Manager, Global Product Compliance.
Excellent working relations across the relevant interfaces are required to deliver this role.
- First Point of Contact to the growing Unilever International Food & Refreshment Business.
- Build a relationship with the internal Unilever International Team and create a working network which will enable the regulatory affairs compliance support of the Unilever International Food & Refreshment Business for products sold in the US.
- Work as the Regulatory Affairs Compliance Business Partner to local divisional teams: R&D (Local/Global), Supply Chain (Quality, Procurement, Innovation planners, Logistics, and International Compliance & Trade), Regulatory Affairs Local Innovation/Advocacy (I/A), Artwork Excellence Team, and External Affairs/Legal.
- Provide the regulatory compliance assessment for raw materials and products related to US regulations according to FDA and USDA regulations.
- Support claims assessment as per US FDA guidelines in co-operation with US local Regulatory Affairs Innovation and Advocacy Team.
- Support the design and maintenance of business processes to implement US regulatory compliance for the US Unilever International business.
- Work with external third-party experts as needed and create a network of consultants to support the US Unilever International business.
- Ability to interpret regulatory compliance reports and/or documents from external third-party experts.
- Ability to use digital tools to review and document regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for informing requestors of compliance review in a timely manner.
- Ensure all regulatory information is properly documented.
- Ensure regulatory review is aligned with all Unilever internal requirements.
- Evaluate raw material information and product information for compliance with California Prop 65.
- Ensure that all existing Unilever International products are evaluated for regulatory changes.
- Support the implementation of changed/new US legislation in relevant products.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science/Technology, Nutrition, or related science degree
- 2-4 years’ experience in CPG company in Regulatory Affairs with a focus on FDA and USDA food regulations will be preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with line manager on key projects.
- Ability to pro-actively communicate with key partners/stakeholders across the organization and can tailor complex technical information into clear/relevant messages for all audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to analyze, trouble-shoot, take initiative, set priorities, drive things forward and look for opportunities to increase speed and agility.
- Eager to learn and take on challenges.
- Fully operational in virtual ways of working.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Team player with a solid record of working in and with project teams.
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us