Our Future Leaders Programme will ignite the leader in you. This unique programme is designed to develop Unilever’s Future Leaders (UFL) by providing challenging and purposeful opportunities that accelerate their readiness to take on business leadership roles.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT (R&D)
Unilever offers vast and exciting career paths within R&D. Creating new innovations and technologies, and enhancing our existing brand portfolio – it’s all yours in Unilever’s R&D function. Bring your imagination and technical expertise to help develop superior products in an ever-evolving consumer marketplace.
FOOD SCIENCE INTERN
A food scientist is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a cross functional project team:
· Successful participation and interaction on project teams.
· Assist with the preparation of a broad range of prototypes using a variety of resources to bring product concepts to life.
· Assist with the assessment of technical feasibility from a product perspective and identification of product related issues such as
· Unique ingredients as well as the effect of process on product quality attributes.
· Identification of formulation & ingredients, shelf life, potential suppliers, and lead times for commercialization.
· Development of specifications for new raw materials and finished products.
· Participation in pilot plant trials making adjustments as required to products.
· Management of product transition from development into the supply chain.
· Support of supply chain improvement projects including troubleshooting activities where product knowledge is essential.
· Undergrad with Junior status based on skills and coursework.
· Coursework in Food Science.
· A deep knowledge of and passion for product design and new product development.
· Interest in emerging trends and understanding of consumers expectations
· Ability to “execute” a project and analyze research data/studies.
· Ability to “deliver” data to support insights, techniques and technologies for improvements.
· Ability to work under pressure in order to meet project “deadlines”.
· Success interaction on “cross functional” teams.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading Food, Home and Personal Care companies with sales of over $60 Billion in over 190 countries. Our products are present in 7 out of 10 homes globally and are used by over 2 billion people on a daily basis. In the United States the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Degree, Dove personal care products, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Love, Beauty & Planet, Magnum, Maille, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Q-Tips, Seventh Generation, St. Ives, Sir Kensington, TIGI, TRESemmé, and Vaseline.
We are people with purpose, bringing hundreds of brands to homes, kitchens, and bathrooms across the country. We aim to make sustainable living commonplace with high-performing brands that are a force for good, taking action for a more sustainable and equitable world. Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us