Carte d’Or Spain Brand Manager & European Portfolio & Innovation lead
BACKGROUND AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
Carte d’or is among the top 3 most recognized ice cream brands in the market, with more than 40 years of experience and presence in more than 3,000 Ice Cream shops in Spain and countries all over the world. Over the next 3 years, the ambition is to grow both in in home (FMCG) and out of home channel through strong and accretive innovations and winner digital plans to conquer both channels.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Brand Manager to join our Marketing Ice Cream team in our Barcelona office. You will have a double responsibility: 1) You will be leading the beloved and iconic brand Carte d’Or for our Spain Ice Cream Business and the 2) European strategy for the Ice Cream Shops business: leading the portfolio & innovation strategy for + 20 EU countries.
We are more than marketeers! We are looking for a consumer and operator centric marketeer, with entrepreneur mindset and passion for Ice Cream.
As a Brand Manager, you will be the owner of the Carte d’Or brand, leading the development of our business in both channels: owning the portfolio and innovation strategy for Spain and leading European projects for the Ice Cream Shops business. You will lead innovation & renovation projects for Carte d’Or IC shops that will be launched all over Europe as well as executing global launches in Spain. You will be in charge of crafting and delivering both short- & long-term strategy for the brand, working hand in hand with many stake holders – planning, R&D, Finance, Regional & Global marketing teams and Agencies. You will also be the leader for the digital strategy for Carte d’Or in order to keep creating growth in our IC shop business impacting potential operators through 360 media channels. Last but not least, you will work closely with trade marketing teams for out of home channel, crafting the best activation strategies through activation of point of sale and promotional plans with salesforce teams.
This role has a holistic view on innovation management, brand strategy and channel activation! You will be the voice of your brand! You will share your strategic perspective on performance and respond to category gaps or activation requirements to ensure solid results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
INNOVATION & RENOVATION MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the innovation strategy/plan for Carte d’Or IC Shops - Europe: leading innovation& renovation projects and managing strategy for all countries in EU
- Responsible for launch management; execution of regional innovation plans for Carte d’Or tubs - building launch plans and channel strategies (promotions, media and POS materials).
BRAND & MARKETING STRATEGY
- Lead business plans for Spain Tubs & IC shops segment and definition of short- & long-term strategies for in home and out of home channels
- Lead the digital marketing plan of the brand along the new digital transformation framework specially for B2B business working closely with agencies both for production and media allocation
- Lead PR & Social & Newsletter plans for Carte d’Or out of home
- Creation of the marketing plan for more than +100 IC shops in Spain through POS activation materials & digital support. Moreover, asset creation and key visual development from scratch with agencies.
- Owner of brand budget end-to-end with project allocation decisions.
- Handling stock forecasting with planning team of more +30 flavors.
- Responsible for the brand P&L & help drive profitability of the brand through pricing exercises
- Brand audit, Jobs to be done, Activity plans, Scorecards & in-market pricing.
- Propose brand activity and measurable objectives. Monitors brand performance to implement appropriate plan changes.
- Together with Trade, sets national level brand KPI’s and work on relevant plans for key customers and for both channels.
- Engage with key customers alongside Sales teams and trade presentations with trade teams.
- Provides input to volume forecasting, financial updates and monitors key indicators and drivers of brand performance (6P’s). Recommends solutions and implement improvements to meet annual targets.
- Responsibility for the high performance of the team
- Actively participate in and prepare internal meetings (strategic reviews, sales meetings, customer plans)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- University degree, with an emphasis in business.
- 5+ years’ experience with exposure in Brand Building, Brand Development or/and Category Management & Sales Management.
- Global or international brand management experience will be highly appreciated
- Excellent competencies in marketing, digital, project development and implementation.
- Proactive attitude & Doer philosophy – making things happen way of working
- Must be a strategic thinker who is comfortable applying insights to creative, evaluating creative and articulating feedback.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective and integrated Brand Marketing Plan, leveraging global framework and executing brilliant breakthrough activation in market
- Proven experience in full P&L ownership and accountability.
- Strong & proven manager of others with a passion for capability building. Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical abilities, organizational skills and creativity. A supportive team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Proficient Level of English and Spanish is a must
- Travel is expected approx. 10% of the time
- Product launch management experience desired and portfolio management through stock optimisation
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
At Unilever, we are firm believers in having a diverse and inclusive workplace. For that reason, we’ve committed to the blind CV. If you meet the requirements for the role, your recruiter will remove your personal details and send your blind CV to the hiring manager to ensure a non-biased evaluation based solely on your skills. Learn more about our other diversity initiatives here.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Follow us on LinkedIn for the latest updates!
WHO WE ARE:
Unilever is a leading global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company, with over 400 brands that are sold in over 190 countries. At Unilever, we share one simple purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our household brands, like Magnum, Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellman’s and AXE, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet – and you can be part of it.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us