Cornetto Snacking Brand Manager
BACKGROUND AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION
Cornetto is a snacking driven business (€220M in EU) and one of the most well-known brands within the total European Ice Cream portfolio & in Spain, with a steady growth rhythm. Over the next three years, our goal is to continue growing in an accretive pattern whilst delivering a wide range of options to keep delighting our consumers, from the more affordable ones to delicious break-through innovations, aiming to conquer the snacking momentum within & without Ice Cream category.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for a Brand Manager to join our Marketing Ice Cream team in our Barcelona office. You will be leading the beloved and iconic brand Cornetto for our Spain Ice Cream Business.
We are more than a Marketeers! We are looking for a channel and consumer driven, business owner mindset ice-cream passionate!
As a Brand Manager, you will be the owner of the Cornetto brand, leading the development of the national Brand Marketing Plan, within the category plan guidelines, to meet company goals. You will create and implement the plan in the marketplace and monitors performance of the support plans. Participate in various cross-functional teams – NRM, Insights, Regional & Global Brand Teams and externally with local support agencies such as PR, sponsorship, activation and channel. Also, you will lead the innovation agenda with local projects & also, supporting the regional team with roll out projects.
You will be the voice of your brand! You will share your strategic perspective on performance and respond to category gaps or activation requirements to ensure solid results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
BRANDVISION PLAN (BVP)
- Take the BVP and translates it into the BMP.
BRAND MARKETING PLAN (BMP)
- Lead business plans for Spain
- Lead integrated Brand Marketing Plan development and deployment (incl new channels).
- Brand audit, Jobs to be done, Activity plans, Scorecards & in-market pricing.
- Propose brand activity and measurable objectives. Monitors brand performance to implement appropriate plan changes.
- Responsible for Brand Communications: create comms plan & adapt global advertising complying with local regulations. Activation advertising /tactical local copy, allocation of media budget within AP parameters, maximize PR & Sponsorship. Brand approval of key brand elements (ie. VO, Print, POS) and consumer promotions in close collaboration with creative agencies and global marketing
- Handling the media planning / media agency across all the projects of the brand.
- Responsible for the brand P&L & help drive profitability of the brand.
- Together with Trade, sets national level brand KPI’s and work on relevant plans for key customers and for both channels.
- Engage with key customers alongside Sales teams.
- Lead the long-term strategy and development of cones segment across channels, OOH & IH
- Provides input to volume forecasting, financial updates and monitors key indicators and drivers of brand performance (6P’s). Recommends solutions and implement improvements to meet annual targets.
- Responsibility for the high performance of the team
- Actively participate in and prepare internal meetings (strategic reviews, sales meetings, customer plans)
- Lead the digital marketing plan of the brand along the new digital transformation framework
INNOVATION & RENOVATION
- Responsible for the innovation strategy/plan for Cornetto, leading local innovation projects & supporting EU regional team with roll-out projects
- Responsible for launch management; building launch plans and channel strategies (promotions, media and POS materials).
- Responsible of local launch from scratch.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- University degree, with an emphasis in business.
- 5+ years’ experience with exposure in Brand Building, Brand Development or/and Category Management & Sales Management.
- Excellent competencies in marketing, digital, project development and implementation.
- Product launch management experience desired
- Must be a strategic thinker who is comfortable applying insights to creative, evaluating creative and articulating feedback.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective and integrated Brand Marketing Plan, leveraging global framework and executing brilliant breakthrough activation in market
- Proven experience in full P&L ownership and accountability.
- Strong & proven manager of others with a passion for capability building. Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical abilities, organizational skills and creativity. A supportive team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Proficient Level of English and Spanish is a must
- Travel is expected approx. 10% of the time
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
At Unilever, we are firm believers in having a diverse and inclusive workplace. For that reason, we’ve committed to the blind CV. If you meet the requirements for the role, your recruiter will remove your personal details and send your blind CV to the hiring manager to ensure a non-biased evaluation based solely on your skills. Learn more about our other diversity initiatives here.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Follow us on LinkedIn for the latest updates!
WHO WE ARE:
Unilever is a leading global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company, with over 400 brands that are sold in over 190 countries. At Unilever, we share one simple purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our household brands, like Magnum, Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellman’s and AXE, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet – and you can be part of it.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us