We are driving digital transformation to enable UL to become an analytical competitor and deliver 4G growth. The Europe D&A team’s vision is to transform Europe’s business performance and set up EU D&A as the catalyst for growth for Europe, informing outperformance decisions and initiatives to re-instate Europe as the key contributor to growth in Unilever. Our mission is to Transform the European organization to a digital-first culture, delivered by a world-class data and insights team, leaping ahead of our competition in everything we do.
The Europe D&A team is composed of data engineers, data analysts, business analysts, data scientists and product managers, whose role is to quickly understand the business context and challenges, apply advanced mathematics and/or statistics to large data sets; and operate in cloud-based environments where data, models, and user interfaces reside in the same platforms-core technologies, to create growth choices for Europe. The scope of the Europe team has rapidly expanded, to now cover all 38 countries in Europe and the 5 Europe business units, and the focus on D&A informing business decisions in Europe is greater than ever.
We are now creating a new Data and Analytics team in East Europe, to provide leadership in data and analytics across all East Europe regions, and all 5 Business Units.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the East Europe D&A team and deliver business analytics across all 5 Business Units and all EE countries.
This role can be based anywhere in East Europe, and will report to East Europe Business Engagement Lead as part of our wider European D&A organisation.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
The role is expected to deliver key data and advanced analytics capabilities to identify and solve business needs & opportunities in East Europe. This includes unlocking value from data and analytics, aggressively executing against a clearly outlined plan, and strong collaboration to drive behavioural changes.
This work will seamlessly integrate across transformation efforts and include the use of Business Intelligence, Data Science and the business needs to deliver business impact at scale.
The role has the following accountabilities:
- Perform exploratory analysis and document findings
- Create insight reporting and data-led recommendations for the business
- Enable better decision-making by working with the larger D&A team to build & embed data & advanced analytics products.
- Translate business problems into data & analytics problem, design the solution approach/ Product to solve it and then deliver relevant insights that lead to actions.
- Creation and visualisation of PowerBI reports, dashboards and apps
- Drive the behavioural changes needed to drive the adoption of analytics & D&A solutions, raising the floor in data literacy.
- Help quantify value benefits from analytics
- Drive data & analytics led solutions by actively exploring trends in digital transformation & seeding them in the organization through direct engagement of business leaders
- Help accelerate the organisation’s journey to becoming an Intelligent Enterprise
- Hands-on delivery of solutions throughout the entire life cycle, including day-to-day management of ongoing engagements
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND QUALITIES:
- Driving insights from large-scale structured and unstructured data
- Data Mining, Exploratory data analysis, and modelling
- Working with Power Pivot, Power Query and Power BI
- Extracting and dealing with data from multiple data sources (e.g. financial systems, Marketing)
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us