ekaterra – Category Manager
Work Location: Warsaw
Job type: Fulltime
Travel : Limited travel
Who we are…and what we do
With an annual turnover of around €2bn, ekaterra is the world’s largest tea business, with world-class, purpose-driven brands such as Lipton, Pukka, Tazo, T2 and PG Tips. ‘eka’ is a word taken from the Sanskrit language which means unity and one purpose, while ‘terra’ represents the earth and nature. As ekaterra we are truly united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
In July 2022, CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII took over the full ownership of the ekaterra business from its previous owner, Unilever. As a standalone entity with a dedicated single-category focus, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the tea industry, delivering higher growth and value, and a greater impact on the wider world. With 11 production factories in four continents and tea growing estates in three countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business whose brands reach hundreds of millions of consumers. It has a presence in over 100 countries.
Under the ownership of CVC, ekaterra has an exciting future ahead with opportunities for increased investments in our iconic brands, our people, and our capabilities. Combining the strength and scale of our brands with a focus on speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a corporate start-up mindset that’s opening-up new opportunities for its people to flourish every day.
At ekaterra, we put consumer love at the heart of every decision. We celebrate diverse thinkers who take personal ownership to connect ideas and make impactful things happen; people who share our values around humanity and courage and give their commitment to nurturing the wellbeing of all. In return, we offer a working culture that gives our people freedom and flexibility, and where they can grow both personally and professionally to master their field.
Be part of our amazing blend. Come and grow yourself and, in turn, help us to grow a world of wellbeing.
Currently we are looking for a Category Manager to join our Team in Poland.
As you will be one of the first points of contacts for our business and employees, this role requires someone who is a people person, loves organisation and is cool under pressure.
Your Key Tasks
- Delivering strategic expertise on shopper insights, category trends, retail landscape, market data for CD, CCD, Marketing and Leadership team
- Creating category management strategy (identifying growth opportunities in Tea category) for various sales channels and individual clients.
- Preparation of shelf and floor plan recommendations (planogram and merchandising guidelines) as well as supervision over implementation
- Defining portfolio strategy by identifying white gaps & opportunities and creating recommendation of Must have SKU and target listing to Sales and Customers;
- Delivering shopper and trends input for annual and quarterly planning process, sales briefings and customer selling stories;
- Leading in depth shopper researches throw cooperation with external entities (research agencies).
- Close cooperation with CD Excellence Analyst on delivering insights on category development;
- Co-creating strategic partnership with key customers through category development insights delivery and creating recommendation of category assortment and merchandising strategies in order to develop category; cooperation with Catmans on customer’s side;
- Monitor and understand market data to prepare recommendations for further actions in channels based on concluded insights.
- Competitive Growth: Turnover and Market Shares
- Profitable Growth: Margin and Budget Control
- Execution: Perfect store KPIs
Who we are looking for:
- Experience and expertise in Category Management in independent position (FMCG sector)
- Shopper insights knowledge and deep understanding of retail market channel specifics
- Experience in working with Nielsen data, Knowledge of other sourcing of market, shopper and category data
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to transition them into insights
- Structured project management with the ability to turn strategy into actions and results
- High level of MS Office knowledge (Power Point and Excel)
- Demonstrates ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside the organization
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of the Space Planning / ProSpace program
- Entrepreneurial thinking: Think fast, ability to test new things, act with speed and scale for growth.
The qualities we look for in you
The Tea business is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our tea family we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Excited about the Role?
Please apply online. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements, and we will be in touch to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us