We are driving digital transformation to enable UL to become an analytical competitor and deliver 4G growth. The Europe D&A team’s vision is to transform Europe business performance and set up EU D&A as the catalyst for growth for Europe, informing outperformance decisions and initiatives to re-instate Europe as the key contributor to growth in Unilever. Our mission is to Transform the European organization to a digital-first culture, delivered by a world-class data and insights team, leaping ahead of our competition in everything we do.
The Europe D&A team is composed of data engineers, data analysts, business analysts, data scientists, and product managers, whose role is to quickly understand the business context and challenges, apply advanced mathematics and/or statistics to large data sets; and operate in cloud-based environments where data, models, and user interfaces reside in the same platforms-core technologies, to create growth choices for Europe. The scope of the Europe team has rapidly expanded, to now cover all 38 countries in Europe and the 5 Europe business units, and the focus on D&A informing business decisions in Europe is greater than ever.
We are now creating a new Data and Analytics team in East Europe, to provide leadership in data and analytics across all East Europe regions, and all 5 Business Units.
We are looking for an experienced D&A Data Analyst to join the East Europe D&A team. This role can be based anywhere in East Europe and will report into East Europe D&A Lead as part of our wider European D&A organization.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
We are looking for a Data Analyst with experience in Microsoft data modeling and visualization who can implement high-performant data analytics solutions that use our data to solve complex business issues and create value for Unilever.
Our Data & Analytics team is uniquely partnered within the business organization to ensure that we are delivering the best possible insights to help our business grow. You will be accountable for the delivery of insights from various data sources, working alongside a dynamic team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers
- Understand business and technical requirements to document, develop and implement analytics solutions
- Work with the Data Engineering team to ingest large amounts of data required for analysis
- Extracting and dealing with data from multiple data sources (e.g. financial systems, external data sources, marketing databases, etc.)
- Perform exploratory analysis and document findings
- Create insight reporting and data-led recommendations for the business
- Ingest, Clean, Transform and Model data following best practices and tools inc. M/Power Query and DAX
- Coding, testing, debugging, and validation of deployed solutions
- Creation and visualization of PowerBI reports, dashboards, and apps including ongoing maintenance
- Leverage different statistical techniques to create insights for the business
- Hands-on delivery of solutions throughout the entire life cycle, including day-to-day management of ongoing engagements
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed functional, technical, and performance requirements
- Contribute to the development of your own and the business’s technical acumen and skills
- Continuous learning of new tools & programming languages via external sources that bring direct value to the business
- Future Fit- Building and actively using a network of peers across Unilever Europe and Globally to both export & import best practices
- B.S. or M.S in a relevant field (Business Analytics, Operations Research), or PhD, M.S. in a relevant technical field (Operations Research, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, or Mathematics)
- Overall experience of 5+ years preferred
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem-solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions
- Ability to rapidly connect + match analytics and data products to business needs
- Expert knowledge in the whole analytics process (business requirements, data ingestion, data modelling, and data visualization)
- Proficient in an analysis tool such as Microsoft PowerBI (essential), and Advanced Excel
- Proficiency in M (Power Query) and DAX (essential) and Python (preferable)
- Proficiency in connecting to Microsoft Azure and publishing to PowerBI service to develop scaled analytic models in the cloud
- Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA and competitive market
- Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to apply an agile analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, and actionable manner
Key Leadership Qualities
- Growth mindset and a bias for action
- Ability to challenge established norms in a constructive way and drive change
- Ability to manage a large and complex set of stakeholders & hold others accountable
- Ability to make the complex and technical simple to a non-technical audience
- Working effectively in cross-functional, cross-geography teams
- Data Transformation and Cleaning Fully Operational
- Analytical Modelling and Patterns Fully Operational
- PowerBI Environment Fully Operational
- M/Power Query Fully Operational
- DAX Language Fully Operational
- Python Working Knowledge
- SQL Working Knowledge
- Data Visualisation Fully Operational
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us