Location: Waterbury, VT
(PM) Shift Hours: 7:00 pm- 7:30 am
Shift Pattern: 2/2/3
These are direct hires, full time positions with a full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Profit Sharing, Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement, Paid Leaves, Qrtly Bonus payouts, etc.)
Benefits are effective the first day of hire (where applicable)
FREE pints of ice cream daily / Vermont Attractions Discounts / Patagonia & PrAna Partnership discounts
Uniforms and PPE provided by the company
COVID protocol/guidelines enforced
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry’s produces super premium ice cream known for its high quality and unique add-ins ranging from large chunks of bakery items, chocolate, nuts, sauces and candy pieces, all with their own quirky memorable names.We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible and deliver a taste bud-boggling odyssey great enough to take you all the way to the state of euphoria
Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for Compounder/Mixer to support our Waterburyteam in performing various functions in the ice cream production process to ensure safe operation of the machinery, with a focus on producing quality product.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Perform the various ice cream production process steps from receiving materials to shipping finished product.
- Equipment setup and flavor changeovers.
- Operate as a business unit and understand quality, cost, downtime, safety and efficiency.
- Perform preventative maintenance and CIP as part of the standard process.
- Use the automated computer systems to manage the quality, efficiency and downtime in the process.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment and quality related process problems.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized process area.
- Lead projects and document results.
- Participate fully on the team: listen, communicate, teach, share knowledge, give feedback, support other team members and be willing to work until the job is done.
- Consistently demonstrate safe work behaviors and actively support company safety goals.
- Other duties as assigned
In addition there will be exposure to allergens such as dairy, eggs, tree nuts, coconut, peanuts, wheat (gluten), soybean and cinnamon.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Experience running ice cream production equipment, material handling, shipping/receiving and running a forklift; CIP experience helpful.
- Experience using computer systems, solving mathematical problems and implementing SPC.
- Basic knowledge and experience with mechanical and electronic control.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and grow with the plant; ability to work in a team environment - the desire to teach, learn, and coach.
- Ability to be creative in finding solutions and open to new ideas.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us