Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever is recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) at its Ben & Jerry’s site in Waterbury, VT. The role is set in a production environment and offers you a dynamic, intensive workplace within a world leading, fast moving company. For the right candidate this position offers a great challenge and a big opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey.
The HRBP is responsible for all HR related activity at both Ben & Jerry's factories in at St. Albans and Waterbury, Vermont. This will include, but is not limited to: Employee Advocacy, Employee Relations, Conflict Resolution, Employment Law/Legal Compliance, Performance Management, Coaching & Counseling, Organizational & Leadership Development, Change Agent, Succession Planning, and advising in HR processes. In addition, the HRBP is responsible for each site’s culture and acts as a people expert supporting the plant’s positive employee relations and World Class Manufacturing (WCM) programs. He/she will ensure that policies and practices are designed and implemented in an effective manner.
In addition, the HR Manager will work cross functionally throughout the organization to implement HR strategy on a Company wide basis.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Works with passion and from a Purpose Driven mindset.
- Collaborates with the business for the creation of a high-performance culture by implementing team and organizational design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators, and improvement plans.
- Works cross-functionally with other HR peers and business colleagues to stay ahead of the curve to ensure the Unilever NA organization is Future Fit.
- Participate in business planning and ensure alignment of HR delivery with business goals at the site. HRBP establishes objectives and delivers HR strategy for the attainment of the Compass Vision and objectives and in a tactical role is deeply knowledgeable about the design work systems in which people succeed and contribute.
- Supports managers and teams in business delivery through enhancing their capability to deliver the Compass objectives, manage their people, implement change and build relations with key stakeholders (internal/external). This includes people aspects of furthering the site World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and HR for Factory strategy, particularly the training, learning and educational strategy.
- Utilizes the talent development process and tools delivered by the expertise teams in order to provide and develop diverse talent pipeline for both the short term and medium term needs of the company.
- Maintains effective employee relations through regularly interacting with personnel on the production floor, fostering rapport of trust with employees. This includes participation in executing the Positive Employee Relations objectives of the supply chain HR strategy.
- As an employee advocate, the HRBP plays an integral role in organizational success through knowledge and advocacy of people. Fostering effective methods of goal setting, communication, and empowerment through responsibility, the HRBP builds employee ownership of the organization by establishing the org culture and climate in which people have the competency, concern, and commitment to business success.
- Brings HR insight through consultation skills to bear on all people related issues (people, capabilities, organizational leadership and culture)
- Ensures and facilitates HR service delivery to the business
- Interfaces with many roles and support areas including: Finance, Legal, HR Operations, Regional HR and Expertise teams, etc.
- Supervise 1 HR Specialist and Training Supervisor
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- BA/BS required; MBA or Master’s Degree is desirable
- 5+ years of Experience as an HR Manager / HR Business Partner, specifically in employee engagement and change management
- Experience in manufacturing and production environments a plus
- Labor Relations experience in a Union environment is desirable
- HR certification such as PHR/SPHR desirable
- Ability to act as a strong leadership partner to factory managers and the factory director
For office-based, Research & Development, and remote positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us