Quality Assurance Technician (PM Floater)
Location of Job - St Albans/Waterbury VT
AM shift: 6:30 pm - 7:00 am
2/2/3 shift pattern
Pay $22.71 per hour plus $0.50 adjustment & $2.05 differential
These are direct hires, full time positions with a full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Profit Sharing, Tuition/Fitness Reimbursement, Paid Leaves, Qrtly Bonus payouts, etc.)
Benefits are effective the first day of hire (where applicable)
FREE pints of ice cream daily / Vermont Attractions Discounts / Patagonia & PrAna Partnership discounts
Uniforms and PPE provided by the company
COVID protocol/guidelines enforced
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry’s produces super premium ice cream known for its high quality and unique add-ins ranging from large chunks of bakery items, chocolate, nuts, sauces and candy pieces, all with their own quirky memorable names. We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible and deliver a taste bud-boggling odyssey great enough to take you all the way to the state of euphoria.
Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician(PM Floater) to provide vacation and sick time coverage to the St Albans and Waterbury Manufacturing sites. When not covering personnel outages, this position will support training and special projects.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
As the Floater Quality Assurance Technician, you will focus on incoming raw materials, in-process and finished product.
- Perform various analytical lab tests and provides technical support to problem solve quality problems to ensure the production of ice cream complies with GMP, food safety and company specifications.
- Perform Microbiological testing on ingredients and finished product
- Perform Analytical testing on ingredients and finished product (Fat, Solids, TA, pH, etc…)
- Perform product cuts up and other organoleptic evaluations of Finished Product
- Perform various quality checks to include: Pint Weights, Code Verifications, Product Volumes, Line Verifications (metal detector checks, tamper band checks, etc…)
- Sample incoming trucks of cream, condensed milk, liquid sugar and eggs
- Take ingredient samples from drums, totes, etc… for analytical and microbiological testing
- Clean and maintain QA Laboratories and related equipment
- Perform environmental testing to include: ATP swabs, Micro Swabs and allergen swabs
- Perform random QA audits and seek resolution to deficiencies
- Prepare media and dilutions for micro testing
- Enter data from lab testing into the computer
- Lead on-shift incident investigations for non-conformances (Environmental, micro, FM etc…)
- Actively participate in and support Quality Improvement project teams
- Contribute to other routine tasks as needed
In addition there will be exposure to allergens such as dairy, eggs, tree nuts, coconut, peanuts, wheat (gluten), soybean and cinnamon.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Must be flexible in terms of scheduling and willing to support both Vermont sites located in St. Albans and Waterbury, VT covering vacations and call outs.
- Must have basic knowledge of Laboratory techniques to perform lab tests and use equipment in daily operations.
- Basic knowledge of GMPs to instruct others in their utilization and adherence is required.
- Some work experience in manufacturing and/or Quality Assurance is strongly preferred including basic knowledge of the manufacturing process sufficient to identify the best location to draw test samples, consider the interrelationship of each step in the process when investigating quality concerns.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us