Background & Purpose of the Job
The Quality Lead role is part of the Site Quality Team and reports to the site Quality Supervisor. The main purpose of the role is to drive the highest quality standards through the innovation process by ensuring compliance to our Unilever and factory specifications, standards and policies. The role will be focused one ensuring highest level of quality control and assurance activities in our laboratory and production environment.
Who You Are
- You’re a born leader: You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional team members and drive decisions to achieve one common goal.
- You’re a dot connector: You will view the project landscape through the eyes of the consumer as well as the business.
- You have a passion for quality: You will be the voice of the consumer for innovation projects, always considering what is best for them.
- You’re a changemaker: You influence team members to develop creative solutions to new and existing challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in ensuring compliance to our factory standards, specifications and GMPs. Will ensure effectiveness via use of assessment/audit and CAPA that supports the findings.
- Assist in ensuring quality program skill and training programs implemented for site with master trainer responsibilities for the laboratories
- Provides technical expertise (SME) to support laboratory technicians and operations coordinators
- Leads laboratory related functions such as laboratory inventory management and laboratory equipment calibration program
- Assists Quality Supervisor in sprint teams to quickly address and resolve Quality issues in both systems and processes.
- Support the Quality Management System improvement process for the most relevant topics including SAP-QM and QualityOne (Veeva).
- Assists with quality processes to ensure on-time releases of raw materials, packaging components and finished products.
- Assists in continuous improvements initiatives and investigation related to quality defects
- Quality representative for Innovation projects to drive compliance, growth, and consumer love.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- University degree in technical discipline or general sciences. Preferred: Food Science, Biology, Engineering, Microbiology, or Chemistry. OR relevant/equivalent experience (10+ years in a laboratory or quality setting)
- Applied knowledge of GMP, HACCP, ISO 22716, Allergen Management, Food Safety, FSSC 22000, FDA 21 CFR 210, etc
- Preferred 3 years of experience in Supply Chain Quality or R&D, additional experience in Manufacturing a plus.
- An affinity for change management and digital solutions
- Demonstrated leader of functional working teams
- Proven effective in collaboration and communication
- Basic proficiency in MS tools (Excel, Power BI, PPT) and UL Business Systems (SAP, PLM)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us