Job Title: National Account Manager, Out of Home - ekaterra, Unilever’s Tea Division
Job Type: Fulltime
Location: Remote – TX or FL
Travel – 40%
Unilever is proud of its tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential and renamed it to ekaterra to facilitate its separation to a standalone entity. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
Unilever is reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. Unilever will retain the tea businesses in India, Nepal and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 13 production factories in 4 continents and tea growing estates in 3 countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Who we are looking for:
In the role of National Account Manager, you will be responsible for the initiation, development, and maintenance of significant, sustainable, and profitable business relationships with national and regional chain accounts. The target accounts will include both established chains listed in the Technomic Top 300 as well as mutually agreed upon emerging chain operators. The role reports to the Team Leader, Food Solutions, working closely with multiple internal resources to identify, target and close this group of strategic operator accounts.
- Continue to grow our existing customers; understanding their needs and offering compelling solutions to help grow their business.
- Develop effective plans to increase market penetration and grow market share within the National Account segment, utilizing Marketing, R&D and other resources as required.
- Work closely with other functional areas especially as related to the development of long-term supply agreements, the forecasting of demand, and the implementation and execution of those agreements.
- Achieve agreed Foodservice operating profit and share gains arising from securing and developing meaningful volume and long-term supply agreements.
- Identify opportunities for significant incremental volume with existing and new customers based on a clear understanding of their needs and the Company’s core competencies. Communicate those needs internally in a concise manner that capture all elements necessary to properly assess the impact and resources required for success.
- Act as a solution provider for issues arising from process or supply chain disruptions; working across the appropriate functions to reach suitable.
- Document activity, including sales, follow up and planning as directed in tools provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of account management experience within the Foodservice industry.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience of successful negotiation in complex customer environments, with strong analytical and scenario planning skills to support negotiations.
- 2+ years’ experience in sales and customer management of branded and/or non-branded products to chains and large operators.
- Language Skills: Ability to prepare, format, proofread, and edit documents which are succinct and professional.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and conduct professional and compelling presentations in person and/or virtually to senior and executive level customer contacts.
- Possess strong analytical, quantitative, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of impact to sales and profit of decisions whether operator or trade related.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while consistently advancing the sales process.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills are required. Must possess a superior capability in cultivating relationships, managing both internal and external stakeholders in executive level positions.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel (including layout, and formulas) and PowerPoint
- Travel approximately 40%, based upon business needs. Work from a remote location, requiring strong sense of self-discipline and self-reliance.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us