Title of role: National Account Manager, Retail Foodservice and CPU
Background & Purpose of the Job
The National Account Manager is responsible for gaining and maximizing sales with primarily headquarter level Retail Foodservice (Supermarket Deli and Convenience) Chains and Commissary/CPU operators in the USA. Working within one of the fastest-growing and highly competitive segments in total Foodservice, you will need to pair strategic account development with best-in-class negotiation skills, underlined by a strong business acumen and desire to WIN.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Who You Are: Someone who is energized by hunting new customer opportunities and is a quick learner.
- What You’ll Do:
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop and WIN business opportunities with national Retail Foodservice operators, working via their on-site operational teams AND preferred commissary partners. Examples of target customers to include Target, Safeway, 7-Eleven, Taylor Farms.
- Manage and grow existing Unilever Food Solutions Retail Foodservice business in West region. Plans to include top and bottom line growth opportunities, annual profit improvement actions, and customer-specific activities to grow and maintain existing business.
- Identify and target NEW commissary partners to expand the Unilever Food Solutions footprint in this segment. Aggressively pursue new business opportunities.
- Manage trade spend by customer and shape customer portfolio in line with total Unilever Food Solutions profit objectives.
- Support operators on their own Digital transformations and eCommerce platforms
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5-10 years progressive sales or marketing experience, to include large strategic account management.
- Must demonstrate experience in large, complex account management, multi-stakeholder models, and confidence in working cross-functionally to deliver upon business goals.
- Proficiency in identifying market trends and implications to top line and gross margin targets. Able to work with finance business partners to develop sustainable, profitable business for each customer.
- Ability to link industry trends to customer needs and Unilever Food Solutions strategy, developing specific customer strategies over a significant time horizon (1-3 years)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and applications. (i.e. Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Exceptional organizational, communication, financial and time management skills.
- Must be a team player
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us