Job Title: Pure Play Analyst - ekaterra, Unilever’s Tea Division
Location: Remote – Close to customer
Job Type: Fulltime
Unilever is proud of its tea business, the biggest in the world, with world class purpose driven brands such as Lipton, PG tips and Pukka. Recently, Unilever decided to separate the Tea business to ensure it can best achieve its potential and renamed it to ekaterra to facilitate its separation to a standalone entity. eka stands for unity and one purpose while terra stands for earth and nature. As ekaterra we are united in one purpose: growing a world of wellbeing through the regenerative power of plants.
Unilever is reviewing several options for separation, including a demerger, an initial public offering, a disposal or through partnership models. Unilever will retain the tea businesses in India, Nepal and Indonesia, and the partnership interests in the ready-to-drink Tea joint ventures.
Present in more than 100 countries, ekaterra generated revenues of €2 billion in 2019. With 13 production factories in 4 continents and tea growing estates in 3 countries, ekaterra is a profitable and growing business offering a world of wellbeing with the regenerative power of plants to hundreds of millions of consumers. As a standalone entity, ekaterra is even better positioned to lead the industry with dedicated focus driving greater growth and value.
Combining the strength and scale of its global iconic brands with speed and agility, ekaterra is brewing a ‘corporate start-up’ mindset that’s opening up new opportunities to flourish every day – both for its business and its people.
At ekaterra, we work alongside people who put consumer love at the heart of every decision. Diverse minds who celebrate new ideas, share our values and the commitment we have for the wellbeing of all. In return, we create an environment that gives our people space and freedom, where they can grow as leaders. A connected community where ideas can thrive. Where you explore new challenges. Learning all you need to master your field, and even more about yourself.
Be part of this amazing blend. Join our collective and help us grow a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
The qualities we look for in you:
ekaterra is made up of a special blend of individuals which make our teams exciting and diverse. To be part of our blend we are looking for individuals who think Green and are environmentally conscious, who understand the power of simplicity and who are accountable for their actions. We want those who infuse mastery and passion in everything they do to create great products and unforgettable experiences for our consumers.
What's in it for you?
We believe that growth is for everyone, we believe in growing leaders and making space to grow an owner’s mentality and like nature we adapt, we change, and we grow. We believe in connections over hierarchies and (work)levels. We have a 'corporate start-up' approach; we act with speed and agility, and we have the strength and scale of a large corporation. We are building a better world of wellbeing and a better you.
Background & Purpose of the Job
eCommerce is disrupting CPG retail, contributing up to 50% of total industry growth and leading CPGs are putting digital-eCommerce at the heart of their strategies. Not only is eCommerce driving growth, but it is an evolving landscape that requires intelligent tools, systems and reporting to power new capabilities.
ekaterra is looking for a Pure Play Analyst that will help enable a data-driven agenda with the eCommerce customer development teams. You’ll be working directly with Pure Play (i.e., Amazon, Amazon Fresh) teams by collaborating with cross-functional internal and external teams and agencies. The Analyst will leverage smart data to create a mutually profitable and high-growth business with eCommerce Pure Play retailers and identify opportunities for optimization both on and off platform.Accelerating eCommerce enables us to get closer to our consumers and rapidly scale our brands. You’ll be critical to the growth of ekaterra’s business through the eCommerce Pure Play retail channel.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Your mantra is “data-driven” growth: You believe that data is ekaterra’s greatest asset – it drives growth, transforms companies and is the biggest bet for disruption. You will need to:
- Get into the details of data, basic modelling and forecasting
- Develop/build reporting tools, dashboards and scorecards
- Embed and train tools with cross-functional eCommerce teams
- Automate and scale (with local/global support teams)
- You are passionate about eCommerce: You believe that eCommerce is not only transforming the way people shop and interact with our brands, but also an influential media vehicle with future ground-breaking capabilities.
- You are a self-starter: You love working with ambiguity, developing new solutions and influencing change.
- You love building your own analytical tools: You like to create your own tools using visual analytics, modelling and technology. You love to invent, simplify and automate.
- You’re a storyteller and influencer:You know how to turn data into insights and inspire people to buy into your vision.
- You know if it’s not real-time, it’s probably too late: You believe in process automation, assisted and predictive decision making.
- Ability to identify trends and patterns in data, with a passion for discovering insights which inform strategy and produce business value.
- Become expert in Pure Play eCommerce business analytics.
- Create, automate and manage performance measurement tools for eCommerce Pure Play sales teams.
- Develop and own on-going KPI reporting, business performance scorecard updating, and ad-hoc analysis that will help educate and influence key business stakeholders across the organization.
- Build, maintain and improve performance reports and KPIs related to ecommerce business performance (Digital Shelf Execution, Monthly Volume, Net Sales, Consumption)
- Recommend GTM strategies and promotion changes based on key insights from analytical results (e.g. sales analysis and trending, what-if analysis, market basket analysis etc.)
- Uncover data-driven investment opportunities and operational efficiencies using Vendor Central POS, inventory, media, profitability, market share and other 3rd party data sources.
- Support post-mortem analysis and optimization of paid search, shopper marketing, digital merchandising and promotional campaigns.
- Designs, develops, and presents strategic recommendations that directly addresses key business questions and opportunities.
- Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights and recommendations to cross-functional teams (Sales, Brand, CD, etc.)
- Exceptional analytic skills coupled with solid business thinking.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker. In addition to a strong attention to detail, strong candidates will also be able to see the strategic implications for the business in the big picture. You are fluent in telling the story to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong candidates will have a curious mind, a passion for synthesizing information from multiple sources, the ability to interpret data through the lens of shopper behavior, and a habit of translating data into insights that drive action.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, economics or related field
- A minimum of 2+ years of business analyst experience in FMCG or CPG within customer development (sales/business development) analytics and reporting, with experience in statistical modelling or creating analytical frameworks for retail or eCommerce.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic & conversion drivers, search optimization, pricing elasticity, the consumer’s path to purchase journey, and pure play customer models.
- Good understanding of financial metrics, pricing, ROI and promotional evaluations using data.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical solutions to business stakeholders.
- High proficiency with Excel and Power BI (or similar visualization tools).
- Experience with SQL and understanding of database architecture.
- Preferred experience with cloud-based IT infrastructure such as Azure/Databricks.
- Preferred experience with Amazon.com or Walmart.com vendor partnerships.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state, or local law. For more information, please seeEqual Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Connect with us
We’re always looking to connect with those who share an interest in a sustainable future.
Get in touch with Unilever PLC and specialist teams in our headquarters, or find contacts around the world.Contact us